JR
Posted By
John_RL
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PE2, I am having the toughest time figuring out the "replace color" command. What I want to do is take a section of artistic text that I have scanned in, keep the color of the paper, buut change the text color from black to brown. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
try using the magic wand tool to select the black text…then fill it with brown. That is just one simple method.
TF
Terri_Foster
May 4, 2004
Another magic wand tool to select black text…then go to layers palette and choose solid colorfill option…I think the menu just says solid.
JR
John_RL
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions. It is a good idea but…

The magic wand tool would work great, except it is a page full of text. I tried the magic wand and it would be quite tedious and take forever. Imagine a college diploma or a similar document with a lot of text, all of the same color.
TF
Terri_Foster
May 4, 2004
Ah, but try this. Make a selection with the magic wand then go to selection modify and pick similar. This should select all the text. See if this works.

Terri
BG
Byron Gale
May 4, 2004
John,

One of the options for the Magic Wand is the Contiguous setting. With it un-checked, a click of the wand on the image should select all pixels of that color in the whole image. With it checked, it will only select matching-color pixels which are… contiguous.

Byron
JR
John_RL
May 4, 2004
Nice!!! The similar function under select worked perfect! Thanks!
TF
Terri_Foster
May 4, 2004
Glad to have helped.

Terri

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections