RB
Posted By
Ron_Bets
Aug 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey there. I am having some difficulty with the colour replacement tool. I am trying to change a white-ish area of a photograph to brown. I have selected the correct shade of brown as my foreground colour, but when I start the replacement, I get an unattractive shade of pink. If I try other random colours from the colour picker, I get the same weird pink. I am not editing a mask, and it doesn’t seem to matter whether I am on a layer or on my background. I have tried this with other photos, and the effects are sometimes more bizarre – pinks turn grey, greens turn brown (yay – one brown!). I have tried different modes (color is the one I want), different sampling (Contiguous makes most sense in this case). There have been occasions in the past where I have been very successful with this tool, but I cannot understand why this seems to be a rare and random occurrance. Any help?

Computer: Mac Pro, 4GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11
Image: 16 bit RGB, PSD format

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 2, 2008
The Color Replacement brush is a very difficult tool to use. The problem is that it only paints with one component of your sampled "color" at a time,

To turn a whitish area to a deep brown, you may need to sample the "brown" and then paint with Luminosity, Color, Saturation and Hue in turn to build up the color to match your chosen Brown.

Working on a duplicate overlying Layer and setting that finally to Color mode and appropriate opacity might help you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections