H
Posted By
HywelG
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I first downloaded the CS3 beta it started to install but then inisted I close Firefox, which i did, but the install didn’t resume. So I restarted from the downloaded file but this time the installer starts, the progress bar goes approx 5% of the way across then the dialog disappears. The msiexec.exe remains running in processes but it does nothing even left for a couple of hours. How do I retrieve the situation since I suspect the installer has left some detritus which I can’t find and is stopping it installing correctly?

TIA

Hywel Harris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Joel
Dec 28, 2006
wrote:

When I first downloaded the CS3 beta it started to install but then inisted I close Firefox, which i did, but the install didn’t resume. So I restarted from the downloaded file but this time the installer starts, the progress bar goes approx 5% of the way across then the dialog disappears. The msiexec.exe remains running in processes but it does nothing even left for a couple of hours. How do I retrieve the situation since I suspect the installer has left some detritus which I can’t find and is stopping it installing correctly?

TIA

Hywel Harris

I have the exact problem, or it never get passed the "Agreement" screen. It seems like CS3 may require IE or similar to install, and I too have FireFox and CS3 installation asks to close FireFOX too.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections