Randall_Cooper
Jan 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I do jewellery images on the net

I am in need of some help urgently. I use photoshop for my work and this delay is causing me huge problems, with not being able to produce my work.

I have photoshop 7. All of a sudden I could not crop anymore. It would only let me produce one size and not let me be able to adjust the crop to any size I want.
So I tried everything I could to fix it but nothing worked, so uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the CD.

Then when it came back, everything is not the same and things have gone missing. This is very frustrating for me because I do not know much about computers.
The way my photoshop was set up was all I needed to know to how to work it. Now I do not know where some things are and something have changed and functions
are doing different things or not the same things as before.

(1) Tools on the left hand side are missing. Dodge Tool & Mask Tools (2) When u click on the bottom right of tool box, nothing happens, eg u can not go from lasso tool to magnetic tool
(3) When I open the window to open a file, eg File/Open, the box that opens does not let me minimise it so it goes to the bottom of the screen. There is only a question mark
there.
(3) When I open a folder, in tool box on the left, there is only a maximise tool. What I have before was the option to click from minimise to maximise. And this was on the top
of the screen. Now there is only Actual Size & Fit on Screen available on the top of the screen.
(4) When I have cropped the image, and then done levels etc, I transfer our business name in font from one file (font.psd) over to the file I have just adjusted with the move tool.
Then all I did next was go File/Save As/ then click down JPeg File and then save. But it does not give me an JPeg option to save to and only comes up with Photoshop (psd) file available to save to. Therefore I can not save any of my work to do.

I really need my mask, magnetic lasso, dodge, minimise tools back and the ability to save to JPeg.

I find it very strange that these basic functions have gone missing in just a re installation.

I would greatly appreciate some help from anybody there. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections