RB
Posted By
Rod_Barker
Apr 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Rolled back after an unrelated app gave big problems , had CS3 beta installed and now carnt install version 1 .
Was first getting the corrupt installer database error then tried deleting the cap.db and registering the jscript.dll that people were talking about neither worked and also run the clean script ,,, setup will run and then turns itself off with no error messages , just stops ?
Looks like they lost a sale with me because Im not reformating to get this

XP pro AMD4800 running in 32bit mode .

Rod

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 19, 2007
Looks like they lost a sale with me because Im not reformating to get this

Sounds like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face.

….and you can’t seriously blame Adobe for an "unrelated app" messing up your system.

For what it’s worth, I tend to reformat and reinstall every six months or so. It’s an evening well spent in my opinion. You’ll be amazed how much better a computer runs after a good "clear-out"
RB
Rod_Barker
Apr 19, 2007
Hi Chris

Nah the unrelated app didnt mess up the system , the roll back messed up the adobe beta uninstall , if a system roll back is going to screw with CS3 then adobe are going to get a lot of complaints as people roll back all the time , wait till they find out they cannot reinstall CS3 , all my other apps are fine , this is a new machine and not long set up , I,ll stay with CS2 rather than set it up again , it dont need a reformate as its as fast as hell .

Rod

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections