Problems with installation of PS 7.0 on Win 2000.

DW
Posted By
David_White2
Jul 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

1. Problem with file type association.
During installation of PS 7.0 on Win 2000 Pro with SP 4 & Rollup 1 ver. 2, I chose the default file type association. That included changing file type .JPG association being changed to PS. After installation, I checked it and it did not change (from IE) to PS. I changed it manually but still the .JPG file icon pictures did not change & when I click on the file, PS DOES open but the .JPG picture file does not show-up. Only after PS opens, I can open the .JPG picture using File->Open menu.
The very same installation package could install w/o the above problem on same OS on my old computer.

2. Unable to install update 7.0.1 on the above PS.
When I try to update with PS701up.exe, a pop up message says that it can’t find PS in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0. This is of course a problematic claim since the fact is that PS is installed in that path and can actually be invoked from that path and be used.

I’ll appreciate any help.
David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Jul 18, 2007
Where did you buy Photoshop 7.0? And yes, it’s very relevant.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections