KH
Posted By
Katharine_Hoyenga
Jan 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else had any installation problems? The first dialogue box came up. I clicked "yes" to install, and then the license agreement dialogue box came up. And froze. The "agree" and "disagree" buttons were unclickable, in the middle of the text area, and nothing else in the dialogue box responded to anything, including the close box. And my CD drive was locked up, unresponsive even to the paper clip technique.

I had the same problem with Illustrator CS, but InDesign CS installed first, installed with nary a problem.

Even when I bypassed the problematic dialogue box and went right to the "setup.exe" file, my CD drive was still locked so I was unable to put the old version CD in to prove I had a valid licence for the upgrade.

Happened to anyone else?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Jan 8, 2004
Katherine,

Sounds very much like a CD-ROM hardware problem…..
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 8, 2004
Try copying the installer to your harddrive and installing from there.

Bob
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
Jan 8, 2004
Copying the setup.exe to the hd will circumvent this issue. The issue itself is generally caused by running in 800×600 mode, or by having Windows appearance, or the video driver, set to use Large fonts.

If you are running in 800×600, you’ll need to change your resolution to 1024X768. You can use Large fonts, rather than normal, in this mode when running the application but some dialogs may appear somewhat distorted.
JB
John_Bir
Jan 10, 2004
same happened to me also, screen was set higher than 1024×768, notmsure about fonts though
KH
Katharine_Hoyenga
Jan 10, 2004
Thanks for all the responses. The CD-ROM drive was fine (except during Adobe installation!), the screen resolution was higher than 1024×768 and I had it set to large fonts in the video driver. Maybe a combination of those two things caused the problem?

Anyway, I just rebooted, clicked "no" on the install screen, went to "setup.exe" under the name of the application, and things went OK from there.

I just wonder why InDesign, which I installed first, and which apparently has the same install "engine," installed without a single glitch?
DC
Dan_Crescent
Jan 11, 2004
Turn off large fonts.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections