Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
What was the answer to the issue? I am facing the same issue. Thank you,
Al

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
K.L.
Aug 4, 2008
There is a limit as to how large the file can be when using the filter. You will have to reduce file size until it works.
AC
Albert_Charpentier
Aug 4, 2008
Thank you, I assumed that was the answer; unwillingly, thats what I’ve been doing for the past few years. It is a real shame that there is no way to apply this filter to large images. Does any one know that exact limitations? I have looked and looked, and can not seem to find any documentation about this.

Also, has anyone ever found any other workaround, maybe even using a different software suite?

Thank you,
Al
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 4, 2008
I would imagine that 3-D apps would be an option.

Neil
AC
Albert_Charpentier
Aug 4, 2008
Thanks Neil, however I did try a few 3D software packages – all of them could not even open the large image file. ;-( Did you have a particular one in mind?
P
Phosphor
Aug 4, 2008
A 493 MB image?

If this is going to be for a billboard or a gigantic banner or something, visually you’ll be able to get away with doing it at an unbelievably low resolution, and it’ll still look good at normal viewing distance.

How big is the layer in absolute pixel dimensions? What’s the file size if you isolate just the layer you want to spherize into its own flattened image?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 4, 2008
Albert,

Nope, I had no specific 3-D app in mind. But Phos brings up some very good points. The larger the final output has to be and the further away the viewer is going to be, the lower the resolution. 25-100 ppi would not be unreasonable when you consider 300 ppi graphics are more than sufficient at a 18" reading distance with 150 lpi halftones.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections