F
Posted By
Finestudio
Nov 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using a Mac Pro OSx10.5.5 with 10gig Ram printing PSdriver (no RIP) over Ethernet to Epson 9800 from CS3. When I send to print, the file regardless of size spools in 1-2 seconds and then no print. I have no trouble printing from CS2, from a Rip or any other program. Just not CS3 – Can anyone help??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NT
Nini Tj
Nov 20, 2008
Search the forum. There has been plenty of discussions about printing problems in 10.5.5.
F
Finestudio
Nov 21, 2008
I have searched but have not found the same problem anywhere – if you have insight into this that would be great or even things I can try to resolve. The problem is sstrictly related to PSCS3, No Rip with OSX.5.5 Seemed to start abruptly and is intermittent. I have even un-installed PSCS3 and re-installed.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 21, 2008
Fine,

Are you using the same driver software for both CS2 and CS3? Is there a later version? Are you using printer-specific software from Epson? Does Epson (professional-level support) offer any insight?

Neil
F
Finestudio
Nov 21, 2008
Neil,

I have upgraded all drivers and yes using the same driver from Epson (most current). Epson of course has been at a loss for help. I have looked at Fonts, but all appear ok, sometimes I can get it to work after rebuilding permissions. Sometimes I can make it work all day or from one print to the next it will not work. The console has povided little help or perhaps I am not reading it correctly. What do you think?? Any ideas…Thanks in advance!
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 21, 2008
Fine,

I have looked at Fonts, but all appear ok, sometimes I can get it to work after rebuilding permissions.

It sounds like something may be corrupting system permissions. But…not sure how to proceed from here. Perhaps someone else has some hands-on experience with this printer.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections