BW
Posted By
Bruce_Whittington
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using an Epson 3200 Photo with Mac OS 10.2.8 on an eMac. When I bring up the Import menu, it lists several options, including the 3200, and then a long list of Epson scanners, including the 3200. When I try to use the first "3200" the error message appears. But if I scroll down the list of scanners to the other "3200" it works fine. If I can’t get it to work properly up at the top of the menu (which would be handy) can I at least delete that option from the menu so it is less maddening? Is this an Epson problem maybe? I have the latest upgrade to Epson Scan. It has done this though an OS reinstall, scanner software reinstall (all) and religious repairing of priveleges.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 1, 2004
You should be able to go into the application folder of Elements and simply trash that bad scanner profile. I didn’t have this problem when I loaded the 3200 software on my 10.2.6 system, but it should be in Plugins>Import/Export. I’d suggest sliding it to the desktop, restarting Elements, and then verifying you got the right one before a final trash, though! 🙂 You can probably clear out a number of things in there that you don’t need.
BW
Bruce_Whittington
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks Beth – I dragged the "Epson Scanner Perfection 3200" plug-in to the desktop as you suggested, and that has removed it from the drop-down menu. The scanner software opens fine from the other list of scanners. I will hang on to it for a bit to make sure.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections