R
Posted By
RobertThompson
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can not import from my Epson 2450 with either twain or silverfast without a ‘couldn’t complete the import command because of a problem with the aquisition module interface’ error. This seems to be a common problem and Epson believes it is an Elements problem. I do not have trouble importing image files and not a problem with my XP machine. I’m running under win98 (not SE). I can workaround this by starting in smart panel and saving to a file, but this wont work for scanning b&w negs. because I need the manual options in twain. I’ll try anything.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 14, 2004
Robert,

I used an Epson scanner when I ran Win98 and used File>Import>Twain. Perhaps you just need to reinstall to have it work properly.
R
RobertThompson
Feb 14, 2004
Ahh The ultimate solution. Unfortunately I have reinstalled. Sarting with a complet wipe of all things relative to Epson and elements. No worky.
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 14, 2004
Robert,

Just by chance, do you have a tablet installed?

Is this computer connected to your XP one?
B
BobHill
Feb 15, 2004
Robert,

What happens when you Open these images in Elements, then capture them via Selection tool and then move them into the image file you want with the Move tool?

Bob
R
RobertThompson
Feb 15, 2004
Bob, I don’t know, haven’t tryed that.
Nancy, no tablet and not connected to XP machine.
However, I think I’ve got it. I started by going to start>run>msconfig>startup and unchecking everything that had to deal with virus, management,screen savers and anything that looked like a bacground program. Ignored the load sequence by Epson, loaded twain, then elements and finally smart panel. Haven’t loaded silverfast. tried each individually after load. Now all seems to work (so far).

Maybe I wont be back for more help. Thanks for your suggestions

Bob
B
BobHill
Feb 16, 2004
Bob,

Are you perhaps using something by Norton? Some systems for some reason seem to have trouble with Norton and Adobe products. If you turned all your background off, I suspect this may be the reason it’s now working properly.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections