Posted By
Bill_Hancox
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Donna
This is the email that I received from Epson today. I’m running XP so the location of the files was slightly different but I was able to find the services window. This was their possible cure for the interface acquisition module problem.
Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.

It is possible your Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.

To start this process please follow the steps listed bellow.

1. Click on Start, go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window you will Performance and Maintenance, please left click that option.
3. Next we are looking for Administrative Tools, please left click on that option.
4. We are looking for the Services icon please left on that icon.
5. In the Services window we are going to scroll down to the bottom and
look for the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service, Please Right click it with your right mouse button.
6. We want to select the STOP option with your left mouse button.
7. Next we want to Right click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
service again and select the START option with your Left mouse button please.

If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can better track the history of this issue.
Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DF
Donna_Featherston
Aug 22, 2006
Bill:

I followed instructions to stop and start the WIA and no luck. I saw a TWAIN download #11374.exe on Epson website and tried that too.

I disconnected my DSL, disabled all my start up programs in MSCONFIG, uninstalled the EPSON scanner and reinstalled. Still same problem. Still can’t determine if problem is scanner or Photoshop. Sometimes when I click File-Exit in Photoshop, I get error message that there isn’t enough RAM and program disappears or "program error." If I click on Scanner icon in Control Panel, get message–"reading…scanner or camera in use–try again later."

Don’t know what else to try.
DF
Donna_Featherston
Aug 23, 2006
I finally got it with another uninstall and install. Went into REGEDIT, deleted and reinstalled Epson Scan with instructions from Epson. All seems to be up and running again. Haven’t gotten anymore error messages in Photoshop. Don’t know exactly what all I did, but it is working again!

Thanks to all.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections