WITH PSH 7.0.1 & NIKON COOLSCAN III cannot complete re prob w acquisition module interface

G
Posted By
G._Jordan
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Used PSH 7.0.1, imported Nikon Coolscan LS-30 35mm Film Scanner. Worked well but then didnt’it work and I got this message “could not complete the Import command because of a problem with the acquisition module interface.”

____________________________________________________________ _______________ We uninstalled the Nikon Coolscan III and then reinstalled from the 2.2.1 version Nikon disk. ____________________________________________________________ _______________ What is the cause of the error, the scanner or the computer? ____________________________________________________________ _______________ Reference: Several days ago we removed older PSH6 from computer and then installed my Photoshop 7.0.1 software. No problems.
____________________________________________________________ _______________ I have a Nikon Electronic Imaging floppy labeled:
“Adaptec EZ-SCSI Lite V 4.01a for Adaptec 2902E PCI Host Adapter for Adaptec 1505/AIC 6 x 60 for use with Windows (is a 1996 Adaptec made floppy). ____________________________________________________________ _______________

Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated… Thank you……

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JL
Jorge_Li
Nov 8, 2003
What version of Windows? there was a problem with scsi in W2000 you need to download a patch
KA
Ken_aka_photon
Nov 8, 2003

G.,
Have you tried using the Nikon software as a standalone? This is what I do with Nikon Scan for my Coolscan 4000 ED.

It has several advantages: its more stable, and leaves PS free for other work while scanning.

Jorge,

Do you know if that was corrected in one of the Service Packs?

Ken Storch
JL
Jorge_Li
Nov 9, 2003
Ken: No, that is all the information from Nikon, to install Aspi32 from Adaptec, it is included in aspi_472a2 download fropm Adaptec.
Jorge
G
Gener
Nov 9, 2003
It’s a long shot, but my scanner has a temp "scratch" or "work" space that it writes to disk. You can find this work path or directory in your twain software options. If you can change this to another drive…it may correct the problem.
KA
Ken_aka_photon
Nov 9, 2003
Thanks Jorge,

I’d forgotten the file name,
but have it on my drive.
I’ve been trying to get another SCSI device to work, and that might help.

Ken Storch

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections