GL
Posted By
Gunars_Lucans
Aug 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running PhotoShop CS on a WinXP system with a 19" monitor. If I set the screen resolution to 1600×1200, the size of the text in Photoshop’s interface (dialogs, pallettes, etc) is too small to read comfortably. Is there any way of changing it? What setting are folks usually using for a 19" monitor?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobLevine
Aug 17, 2004
Display properties>settings>font size.

Bob
GL
Gunars_Lucans
Aug 17, 2004
Well, yes, but that would affect all apps. My other apps are fine … I’m just looking to increase the size of the GUI elements in PS (pallettes, dialogs, etc).
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Aug 17, 2004
Running 1600×1200 on a 15" laptop display here. My 19" at home is just fine. All is fine and perfectly readable.

I’m not sure there’s a way to change the size of the elements such as palette headers, etc… I’m pretty sure Bob’s suggestion doesn’t affect those elements.

Do those elements look the way they are supposed to, and you just want to change them, or is there something actually wrong with how it’s displaying?
GL
Gunars_Lucans
Aug 17, 2004
They’re fine except that the text could be a bit larger. Is your 19" monitor a CRT or LCD? Could you tell me what setting you have for DPI in the Display Control Panel -> Settings -> Advanced button -> General tab?

Thanks!
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Aug 17, 2004
19" CRT. I’m running at 96 DPI.
GL
Gunars_Lucans
Aug 17, 2004
Thanks again! I’ll try it at 96dpi. I think I’m currently set to about 110dpi.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections