Posted By
Nora_Watson
Sep 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I have an Epson Perfection 4180 scanner which has worked for years. I moved, plug everything back in, the scanner works one time, and from then on, I get this error: "Could not complete the Import command because of an error with acquisition module interface."

I’ve searched around, and seen others with this problem, but, no real solution. From what I’ve read, it’s a Photoshop issue. I’ve downloaded the TWAIN drivers and re-installed the scanner, and deleted Photoshop’s preferences file. The scanner does work through the Windows Scanner Wizard. I’ve turned off the Windows Image Acquisition thing in the control panel, and then turned it back on.

ARGH, I am really pulling my hair out. Please help!

Thanks so much!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Freeagent
Sep 2, 2008
I’m a little confused here – any particular reason you’re not using the Epson software?

There’s really no point in scanning directly into Photoshop (or using WIA), unless you like to stare at progress bars… 😉
NW
Nora_Watson
Sep 2, 2008
Mostly a workflow thing. I need to edit the scans right away, so, it seems that it takes longer to scan then hunt it down and open it, instead of it opening right up for me.
NW
Nora_Watson
Sep 3, 2008
Strike that. I can’t use the Epson software, either. I can only use the Windows Scanning Wizard.

🙁
F
Freeagent
Sep 3, 2008
At this point I would uninstall scanner and Photoshop – then reinstall PS and clear prefs on first launch – and then reinstall scanner. Or perhaps the other way round. There may be a TWAIN conflict somewhere.

In any case, this is the usual advice in circumstances like this.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 3, 2008
I’d try to avoid the hassle of messing with the PS installation if possible.

One other thing I have seen is to temporarily disable the Twain plug-in, with a ~ in front of the name, in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Import-Export
F
Freeagent
Sep 3, 2008
I’d try to avoid the hassle

Hmmm, well, on second thought I guess it might be best to leave PS alone. I never really had any installation problems with CS3, so I tend to forget what it’s like for some people…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections