MP
Posted By
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any ideas how I can make PS2 and Bridge to "quit" properly? Whether I use Bridge alone or launched form PS2, I must "Force Quit" both apps every time. If I use PS2 without ever launching Bridge, it occasionally quits properly.

I’m running OS-10.4.8 on a Mac Pro (Intel) w/3GB ram. Maybe it’s a Rosetta issue?

Thanks,

Marsh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PT
Phillip_Torbert
Dec 6, 2006
I’m having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running 10.4.8; Photoshop starts faster for me now and is more responsive, but every time I have to force quit it or it hangs. I’m not sure if it was the 10.4.8 update that caused this problem or not. I hadn’t had any problems until yesterday, and I hadn’t installed anything or changed any configurations for the last few weeks.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 6, 2006
Perhaps you installed the latest Security Update?
There appear to be some problems with it so I am not planning to install it for the moment.

Run Repair Permissions and see if that helps.
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
Ann I don’t have any problems with the update on my G5 or G4 iBook.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
I don’t have any problems with the update on my G5 or G4 iBook.

Neither do I on my G4.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 7, 2006
I am glad that neither of you have run into problems but there have been so many adverse reports on MacFixit that I decided to just give "Security Update 2006-007" a miss.

<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20061205235436784>
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks for the tips. I’ll try some of the things suggested here.

I’m pretty sure the problem is with Bridge, as it only happens when I use Bridge with or without PS. I may try reinstalling bridge too.

Thanks,

Marshall
B
Buko
Dec 8, 2006
I would be more inclined to center the blame on Rosetta or a corrupt system or user account. as I have never had your problem.
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 8, 2006
I uninstalled and reinstalled PS and Bridge. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks.
LA
Larry_Auerbach
Dec 11, 2006
I’m having the same issue on a dual G4 1GHz MDD Mac running Tiger 10.4.8 with the latest Security Update installed — needing to force-quit Photoshop/Bridge much of the time.

I don’t remember when this problem started–it could have been before I installed the Security update, but it sure ain’t Rosetta causing the problem on my old Mac.
MM
m_mckale
Dec 12, 2006
okay– i’m gonna be brave and show my ignorance… who is rosetta ?? 🙂 i’m feeling very out of the loop !!
JS
John_Slate
Dec 12, 2006
not who, what.

In layterms it is the name of the "software" that translates non-Universal Binary stuff (CS2 for example), for the new Intel Macs.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections