T
Posted By
tamsin
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working on three images in Photoshop CS3, when I went to open them from Bridge for review, two of three files were reduced to tiny white squares with a dogear in the top right corner, a little blue bounding box containing three tinier red green and blue somethings so small I couldn’t even see what they were with my jewellery spec.

Nothing happened when I clicked on them, no error message, nothing. I managed to get one of them in ‘reveal’ – which opened up a larger blue bounded box with the red button containing a cross with the message ‘cannot open as not right kind of file’.

What to do please? I don’t want to spend hours on an image and hope it will open afterwards. Thankyou.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JA
John_Ashburn
Oct 15, 2008
Try re-naming the files and use .tiff or .tif as a file extention after the file name. This should work if they are either RAW or TIFF files. If they are jpeg use .jpeg as the file extention after the filename.

Bridge should then recgonize them.
T
tamsin
Oct 16, 2008
Thankyou for taking the time to respond. I did notice that I’d forgotten to place a . after the file name and before the extension – ie soiphotopsd, instead of soiphoto.psd, and renamed them and the opened as psds. I would have thought that Photohop CS3 with all it’s bells and whistles could have provided a helpful popup/error message to this effect when saving images though!

I still have an old file I haven’t been able to open, the icon of which is simply a small blue and white box with the letters pmg on the bottom. I tried to rename the file same as, but nothing seemed to work so far. Will just keep plugin away – forgive the pun.

Thanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections