LB
Posted By
Lincoln_Barbour
Apr 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just updated to Windows Vista Ultimate on a 64-bit machine. I have an Eizo CE240W monitor and calibrate with Gretag-Macbeth’s Eye-One.

I was processing my first job and noticed a huge difference in the way the photos looked in Bridge than they did in in ACR and Photoshop.

The colors in bridge are much more saturated and red.

I’ve synchronized my color settings (my default RGB is ProPhoto RGB).

So, I’m guessing that Bridge renders thumbnails and previews in some other color space (sRGB maybe?).

Any workflow tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lincoln

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 19, 2008
Lincoln,

Your colour space is Prophoto RGB, but what is the profile of those photos that look saturated in Bridge?

Do they also look saturated in Photoshop? It certainly sounds like smaller gamut (sRGB/Adobe RGB) images spread out in the larger gamut Prophoto RGB.

How did you calibrate/profile the Eizo? I hope not by tweaking the VideoLUT of the graphics card, because that’s not the proper way with that monitor.

Rob
PF
Peter_Figen
Apr 20, 2008
What version of Photoshop and Bridge are you using? At least the first and maybe second versions of Bridge were not color managed, and that may well be your problem.
LB
Lincoln_Barbour
Apr 21, 2008
Hi Rob,

The photos are RAW converted to DNG and I shoot my camera in Adobe RGB. But, in ACR, I set the default color space to ProPhoto RGB. When the photos open up in Photoshop, they look the way I wanted them to and like they did in ACR.

If I run image processor and convert the RAW files to sRGB JPEGs, they look like the Bridge preview, not like they did in ACR. But if I open the sRGB JPEG and the original RAW file in Photoshop, they look pretty close once they are in Photoshop together.

The difference is in Bridge. The colors are not being displayed accurately. I’m wondering if it’s Adobe setting or a Windows setting that causing the issue (I’m on Vista now).

So, I think Bridge is displaying in sRGB, but when you open a file up in ACR and Photoshop, it displays in ProPhoto RGB. The difference is pretty significant and it would be great to have the photos look similar in Bridge and Photoshop. Maybe if I switch to Adobe RGB, I’ll have better luck.

Peter, I’m using CS3 with the latest upgrades.

Thanks for posting to my thread!

Lincoln

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections