Bridge and PS not communicating with scripts and automation.

SJ
Posted By
Sven_Johansson
Oct 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS4 PS and Bridge is not communicating correctly.
When opening an image from Bridge it opens whiteout any issues but when choosing Tools and PS and any form of automation or script it will not open and start the requested action.
Then when choosing same or another action from the tools/PS menu I get the message that PS is currently busy processing another task and it asks me if I wish to cue the action.
There is no difference if I chose cue or stop after this since nothing is happening how ever long I wait.
If PS is not started it will start up the application but nothing more after that. I have reinstalled and repaired permissions both after and before.
A colleague who also using PS CS4 is having the same hardware and is not having the same problem so I guess I am having a problem with some form of configuration.
CS3 is working correctly on the same machine and is having no issues at all.

Config is Macbook Pro 2.33Ghz 2gb ram OS 10.5.5 whit all the latest updates. TIA for you help or crazy ideas.
Sven

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 16, 2008
Did you move any folders from where they were installed by default; or change any folder names?

Try Repairing Permissions and re-booting your computer too.
SJ
Sven_Johansson
Oct 16, 2008
As I wrote above I have already repaired the permissions but I have also rebooted several times, I have done that before and after installs and removals off the application and I used the Adobe script CS4 cleaner script to completely remove the apps.
The applications are all installed on their default locations and has not been moved at all and no names has been changed.
Does anybody know any more thorough way of removing all settings and preferences for CS4 then that script.
Maybe there are some remaining settings somewhere that I have not been able to remove. Are there any sort of total remover of selected adobe apps rather then having to remove all adobe stuff on the machine that is more that can do more then that script.
Sven
B
Buko
Oct 16, 2008
I have not installed my GM CS4 yet but I have not had any problem using any of the scripts from Bridge.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 16, 2008
Nor have I.

However, I am using OSX 10.4.11 and not Leopard.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 16, 2008
Ann,

Quick OT: How’s CS4 working with your video card?

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 16, 2008
It is fine Neil. The only thing that doesn’t work for me so far is the new Flick-scrolling — everything else is great.

Applemacanix.com seem to list the nvidea 7800 GT (for G5 Macs) on ebay all the time so they are obviously making plenty of them.
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 17, 2008
Ann, got my new power supply for the G5 and am up and running again. But I’m confused. I have a GeForce 6800 Ultra video card. A google reveals that it’s supposed to have OpenGL capabilities. This will or will not get out of CS4 the advanced video features you’ve talked about?
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 17, 2008
Doug, Ann.

I apologize for my OT, which was meant for a single reply. I’d prefer that we continue any video card questions in a video card topic.

Thanks!

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
I’m so glad that you finally got your new Power Supply and have the machine up and running again.

It’s not only the OpenGL 2 feature that you need for CS4 but ALSO the Shader Model 3.0 support in order to use CS4’s OpenGL features.

My previous card (ATI Radeon 9600) nominally had both features but Shader Model was version 2 —which is not sufficient.
DK
Doug_Katz
Oct 18, 2008
Very fair, Neil. Ann, thanks for moving us over.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections