Can I Use Scripting Or actions To Automate Converting LOTS OF IMAGES to Specific Sizes

SW
Posted By
Stanlisa_wesley
Jan 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Question, I Have a bunch (Over 100) of images, that I Need to re-size into two specific sizes (Proportionately) for each photo. 350x350px and 105X105px for the thumbnails.
I Tried Using Photoshop Actions but it does not work for this (Every time I use the place command in Photoshop and record it as action, when action is played back it just goes back and get the same image that I recorded, Not all the images in folder)
So I did it in InDesign: I Created A Document The Size of the image sizes I need, Converted the master Text box to image frame, Modified the frame fittings option so that image will import in the center of the frame and fit proportionately, then I created the same number of pages that I need I Shift+command Click on each page’s image frame to override master page link. Then I went under the file menu selected export and export each file as a jpeg. GREAT, But That process still takes a bit of time setting up I Also Have A Few Other Sizes that I Need to do but (I’ll Figure That out later)
Doesn’t Really Matter Which Program I use Photoshop or InDesign, Which one does it the fastest, as I Have multiple jobs that to complete.
If I Could only ad the place command in Photoshop to an action (where It Picks all of the images in a particular folder instead of the same image that was recorded while the action was running).

Any help for my dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
Using ADOBE CS3
AND MAC OS10.4

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AR
alan_ruta
Jan 30, 2009
Yes you can can. When you do/go to "automate/batch" there are 3 options: All opened files, all files in a folder and some other option I don’t remember at the moment.

So if you action scales to 350×350 and saves to a folder you simply "automate/batch", choose the action that scales and then perhaps click the save as override button so the files can be saved in any folder one wants.

alan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections