How to turn off auto exposure correction in PSCS2 Bridge and ACR3?

S
Posted By
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If anyone has run into this problem and has a solution, would much appreciate knowing what you did.

When I open (in XP) Bridge and look at a set of RAW images (from a Canon 1ds and a Nikon D1x) that have been bracketed over a 7 fstop range, they all look identical on the screen and in ACR 3.1 the histogram for each is evenly spread across the range.

In PS CS (I didn’t uninstall it) the pictures are as they should be. They show up on the screen in the browser and in ACR from very underexposed to overexposed, with the histogram also correct — from bunched on the left to the right.

I’ve gone back through all the color management settings in CS2 and everything is as it should be, and don’t see anything new in CS2 or Bridge or ACR 3.1 that would create this problem — ie., any new option to optimize exposure that I could turn off. And can’t find anything on Adobe’s site that speaks to this.

Must be missing something though. If anybody knows, much appreciated.

Steven

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
Following the directions given in the ACR forum would be a start.
S
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Chris, what a rude response. My first post on this forum, and am surprised.

What does Bridge have to do with ACR? The problem I’m having is in both. And at the time I posted I didn’t understand the structure of the forum so didn’t see that there were subforums on the main page — which is why I posted on the main page as opposed to the ACR or Bridge forums.

And I did a search the entire forum before posting and found nothing. If you actually know of a post that answers the question, would much appreciate the link, and thank you. If your response was just uninformed, not appreciated.

Steven
CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to help people…..
S
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Chris, now I really don’t get it. Your original response is now no longer visible. It read in total: "Following the directions given in the ACR forum would be a start."

Which was not helpful. Do you have a link to the answer, which would be very helpful?

Steven
CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
My original response is still right there in post #1.

It was helpful – it directed you to look in the ACR forum, and told you indirectly that the question had already answered and was not a Photoshop or Bridge issue.

My only assumption was that you were capable of reading and thus finding the existing answer(s) in the ACR forum.
S
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Chris just got your message: "This has already been answered a few times in the ACR forum, and has nothing to do with Bridge or Photoshop"

I’ve searched the whole forum a number of different ways and found nothing related. If not the actual link, could you provide some help in how to phrase to search to find the answers you’re speaking of? That would be much appreciated.

Steven
CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a85c>

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bba3fe1>

chrisjbirchall, "Auto Correct" #8, 30 Apr 2005 3:38 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/7>

Thomas Knoll, "Bridge and ACR3" #1, 28 Apr 2005 5:11 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
S
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Chris, I’m not trying to be dense here, but I’ve now gone and looked at the ACR main page and looked at FAQ questions and gone down the first couple of pages of questions (and did the search earlier that didn’t pull anything), and still don’t find the answer.

What 1st post are you referring to? I would be very grateful to you if you were willing to just provide the answer if you have it.

Steven
CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
The first post in this topic – my initial response.
S
stevenrk
May 10, 2005
Thank you Chris. Much appreciated
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 10, 2005
Steven,

On the PC Ctrl+U from within Camera Raw. This keystroke combination toggles Auto Adjustments On and Off. If you want the default to be Off for Auto Adjustments then choose "Save New Camera Raw Default" from the fly-out menu adjacent to the "Settings" dropdown menu then choose Done. The preview images for your camera should now regenerate with the auto settings switched off.

BTW: I’ve answered this question at least a half dozen times over this past week. It’s in the Camera Raw FAQ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections