K
Posted By
KimDT
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open Photoshop CS2 I get following message: "The Adobe Updater could not be started. Please reinstall the application and components."

And when I try to open Adobe Bridge for browsing I get following message: "Adobe Bridge cannot be used at this time because of licensing restrictions. You must have installed and launched at least one other Adobe application to use Adobe Bridge"

I have tried to reinstall the application several times. For the second message I have also tried to launch both Adobe Elements and PSCS – with no results. It isn’t possible to run PSCS and PSCS2 at the same time.

What’s wrong? Do anybody have any ideas?

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

Yours Sincerely
Kim Dang Trong

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 29, 2005
Have you rebooted since installing?

-Scott

wrote:
When I open Photoshop CS2 I get following message: "The Adobe Updater could not be started. Please reinstall the application and components."
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 29, 2005
Also, please post Bridge problems to the Bridge forum.
K
KimDT
Apr 29, 2005
Scott wrote:
Have you rebooted since installing?

Thanks replying. Yes I have rebooted since installing. No difference.
MK
Morten_Knudsen
Apr 30, 2005
I’m having the exact same problem (both updater & bridge problem)..can someone help, please ?

morten knudsen
BJ
Barjo_Jensen
Apr 30, 2005
I’m having the exact same problem (both updater & bridge problem). I have tried to re-install but it did’nt help
JB
John_Blankenau
Apr 30, 2005
I’m having similar issues. Guess we have to wait for the help center to open…anybody else have this problem and successfully work through it?
CB
cameron_bernadsky
Apr 30, 2005
Well … I’ll add my name to the list, also. I’m having the same problem.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 30, 2005
JB
John_Blankenau
Apr 30, 2005
Thanks Ian, that seems to have fixed it for me. I’d be interested in understanding why I had to go through such a convoluted process. It seems like an Adobe Installer "bug" to me….
CB
cameron_bernadsky
Apr 30, 2005
I was not able to get this to work for me. However, to be fair, I don’t have the installation disk since I downloaded the program from the web site. So, instead of doing steps 6 & 7, I ran the installer and chose the "repair" option. Was this were my problem lies? Do you know where the installer puts the AdobeCommonFiles.msi?

Thanks,
Camero
JB
John_Blankenau
Apr 30, 2005
The msi file is in your PS CS2 directory. In my case c:\Programfiles\Adobe\PhotoshopCS2\commonfilesinstaller (this isn’t exact but close enough I hope). I actually think that step 5 is either incorrect or misleading (or maybe I just don’t know what was meant by splash screen). Any way, the msi file was in that subdirectory and it ran without any surprises or problems.
CB
cameron_bernadsky
Apr 30, 2005
OK, but what if I don’t have that file? Could it be in a different directory?
CB
cameron_bernadsky
Apr 30, 2005
I did find it … I had to do a search. Once I found it and ran it, everything worked fine.

Thx…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections