C
Posted By
chant
Oct 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This Dove commercial’s been circulating the internet for a few weeks now. Here’s the link if you haven’t seen it yet.

<http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/bblank.asp?id=6895>

The program they use in this commercial looks like photoshop but isn’t photoshop. Anyone have any idea what they’re using here?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 22, 2006
I think it’s a fake interface. In movies we often see computer screens with wat looks as ad hoc created user interfaces. Maybe it’s a rights matter, or the occasional BSOD’s iterfere with chroma keying 🙂

< http://photoshopnews.com/2006/10/17/dove-illustrates-why-per ception-of-beauty-is-distorted/>

Rob
B
Bernie
Oct 22, 2006
I know!

It’s the fabled Photoshop CSI running on MovieOS!
I
ID._Awe
Oct 22, 2006
Actually there is a program that does this. I forget the name of it, it was orginally used with high-end film output machines.

Which shows you how old I am, I can remember the (inter)face but forget the name.
B
Bernie
Oct 22, 2006
Scitex stations?
I
ID._Awe
Oct 22, 2006
Yep, there ‘ya go young fella, it had a lot of capabilities.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Oct 22, 2006
No, that’s the upcoming Photoshop CS3.

Whoops, now that I’ve blabbed, they’ll have to kill me!
JS
John_Slate
Oct 23, 2006
Quantel Paintbox was better than Scitex in it’s day.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 23, 2006
I remember seeing Scitex announced at Print 85 in Chicago. I can’t remember if the price was $5,000,000 or $10,000,000, but it was one of those. (Of course, they included the computer at that price.)
C
chant
Oct 24, 2006
so you’re saying this dream machine can take a 2D image (from film?) and work it over like a quasi-3D object, as seen in the dove commercial? With a similar, photoshop-esque user interface? And just 5 mil down…

Google’s either pulling up a large amount of nothing, or too much on "Scitex Stations". Someone have a link to read up on it?
I
ID._Awe
Oct 24, 2006
chant: they were probably a QT of a screen that was layered into another movie, there was no magic to it.
B
Bernie
Oct 24, 2006
so you’re saying this dream machine can take a 2D image (from film?) and work it over like a quasi-3D object,

No, scitex stations were a way to manipulate images in 2D (just like Photoshop)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections