AH
Posted By
Alan_h_g
May 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed a new Lexmark 6170c all in one printer/scanner/fax/copier, using a USB 2 connection. Since then I have not been able to get PS Elements to work. It will work in Safe Mode, but not in regular mode. I am using Windows XP with 512 ram. PS Album still works OK. I have tried reinstalling both. I even installed Elements in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2004
What’s happening to cause you to say "I have not been able to get PS Elements to work"?
AH
Alan_h_g
May 2, 2004
The program worked fine when I had a HP printer. I changed to a new All-In-One printer. Since then when I try to start Photoshop Elements I get a Windows message that says a problem occured with program. I’m given the option to send details to Microsoft or not. Either way the program then shuts down. It never gets to the point that it fully loads. I hope this explains it properly.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2004
Thank you for the additional information, Alan. Unfortunately now we’re going to have to wait for someone who speaks Windows better than me to join this thread. Since it’s a Windows error and not an Elements error, I’m out of my element – no pun intended.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 2, 2004
Try changing default printer to something other than the HP. See if PSE loads.

Mac
AH
Alan_h_g
May 2, 2004
Tried that, but still did not work. If I uninstall the printer, it also works. I also downloaded the latest driver, but htat did not help.
AH
Alan_h_g
May 2, 2004
I take it back. I tried again to set one of the other printers on the network as the defult printer, and this time the program did respond. THANK YOU
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 2, 2004
did you check windows updater for latest windows drivers for the Lexmark ?
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 2, 2004
Actually, having any network printer as default is one reason for several Adobe products to load verrrryyyy slllloooowwwwwly.

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections