Posted By
EdB
Dec 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, this is a real puzzler.

I’ve been using Photoshop to put together pictures for a small calendar I publish every year. I do all the photo work in PShop, then I place the pics into MS Publisher. (Go ahead and laugh, you know you want to. I just don’t have time for the InDesign learning curve right now; I’m struggling with Pshop as it is.)

Anyway, all was well, then suddenly every time I go to print from Publisher, Photoshop opens (I’m done working on the pics). Not only does Pshop open, but it seems to intermittently muck with the printer settings: sometimes it changes the page orientation, sometimes it prints two pics on top of the other (!) and sometimes it doesn’t seem to interfere at all. Photoshop does not open when I open the Publisher doc, only when I try to print it.

Huh?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Ed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
SDA
Dec 11, 2007
Does a reboot fix it ?
E
EdB
Dec 11, 2007
No. I’ve rebooted several times, reset and even unplugged the printer, nothing stops Photoshop from opening (yet it opens no pic). The only thing that’s improved is, seems that the prints are more consistently correct (no reformatting, double images).

Thanks,
Ed
J
Jim
Dec 11, 2007
wrote in message
No. I’ve rebooted several times, reset and even unplugged the printer, nothing stops Photoshop from opening (yet it opens no pic). The only thing that’s improved is, seems that the prints are more consistently correct (no reformatting, double images).

Thanks,
Ed
Perhaps what you are seeing are the screens from the printer driver. Jim
E
EdB
Dec 14, 2007
I think I have an idea about what’s going on. Most of the photos in my calendar were brought into Publisher via import->picture->file. One or two – I can’t figure out which – I simply dragged from Adobe Bridge (not Photoshop) into Publisher. Looking back, that’s when Photoshop started opening everytime I started printing with Publisher.

I’ve been able to duplicate this phenomenon with the same Publisher file on my laptop: try to print, and it yanks up Photoshop.

Any comments on how this works? What’s the link?

Thanks,
Ed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections