DS
Posted By
Damian_Stocks
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are working on some 2048×2048 files (hardly large) and we are consistently getting "could not complete your request due to a program error" or something like "Ran out of RAM" when making large numbers of +magic wand selections or doing simple bucket fills. I found a thread on TwelveStone forums which had some great suggestions on tuning your cache and memory settings to avoid a similar problem to this. This seemed to fix the problem for about 12 hours, but now – again – without fail, the problem is back. It is not restricted to a particular file or resolution. We have mucked around with different memory settings without luck.

Our last hope has been to save the layers out as separate files and work in Photoshop 6.1 =/

System Specs:
Dual Xeon 2.6Ghz
1.5Gb RAM
128Mb Quadro 900XGL
Win XP
Photohop CS

After 3 years of crash/problem free photoshopping, we’re starting to wonder why we bothered paying for the upgrades.

Any help would be oh-so appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Damian_Stocks
Apr 30, 2004
the smile has come back to my face a little – in that I just realised the CS file WILL actually open in PS6.

Still, we shouldnt even need to open Version 6.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 30, 2004
disable the muliprocessor plugin and see if that get’s you working again. there may be a bug, adobe is working on it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections