EB
Posted By
Edwin_Bowe
Jan 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this issue has been previously addressed on the forum, but nothing that has been recommended has worked on my machine. When trying to print a large file I get the "Could not print "file name" because of a program error" message.

I am running Photoshop CS2 (9.0.2) on a PowerMAC G5 with 8 GB of RAM using OSX 10.4.8. I’m trying to print on an Epson R2400 printer. The same message occurs whether connected by USB or Firewire.

I have tried adjusting the memory allocation to 50%, 30% and 25% – none of which resolved the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EAB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jan 22, 2007
What are the dimensions (in pixels) of your file? What’s the file size (in MB)?
R
Ram
Jan 22, 2007
Have you tried trashing your preferences?
B
Buko
Jan 22, 2007
Can you print in a new user?
EB
Edwin_Bowe
Jan 22, 2007
Thanks for the feedback.

I don’t know the minimum dimensions or size at which the problem occurs. Last night I could not print an 11 x 14 at 720. (I could print at 360.) I will tinker some more this evening.

I have trashed my preferences without altering the problem.

My success in printing as a new user is limited. I don’t have specific data, but it seems that the "new user" ploy works less than 25% of the time.

Does anyone know if the problem persists in the current beta version of CS3?

Thanks again.

EAB
R
Ram
Jan 22, 2007
Does anyone know if the problem persists in the current beta version of CS3?

There is no such problem in CS or CS2 either. It’s particular to your setup.

Since it seems tough to get EXACT details from you, it’s impossible to help you. Try reading the link below:

Click here <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
EB
Edwin_Bowe
Jan 25, 2007
Thank you for your assistance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections