PK
Posted By
Paul_Knaak
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just tried re installing Elements2 after deleting the previous corrupted app. and pref. files on the hard drive. I ran the installer from the CD and entered the registration code but it was rejected as being incorrect only the are correct. I tried again after deleting the regestration data base and restarting. The CD is in perfect condition and was only used once before for the first installation last Aug. Do you have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks for your consideration

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 13, 2004
How many time did you try putting that serial number in? I’ve had to reinstall Elements several times for one reason or another, and there have been some times when it just didn’t like the serial number. When I was persistent, it gave up before I did. Also make sure you’re not getting any ‘ohs’ confused with zeros, etc.
PK
Paul_Knaak
Feb 13, 2004
HI Beth Thanks for the reply. Yes you were right on the third try after entering it twice it still said it was wrong but there was the install window behind the reg. window and I did get it installed. But even after the new install I still have the original problem of no Layers palette in the palette well. The File Browser palette is missing too. I have no idea how to fix this.

Paul
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 13, 2004
Hmmm. Neither do I!! I’m still running OS 9 on this computer, and I just got through looking around the whole application folder, trying to find one or the other of those, or both. I can’t.

OK, now this is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but I just want to verify something. You did go to Window>Layers to open that particular palette, didn’t you? I’m sorry if this is insulting, but there have been posters who assumed it would automatically be open. And can you access the Browse feature through File>Browse, or is that one unavailable, too?

We have an Adobe guy who checks in as often as he can. We can hope he’ll see this thread and give you some other suggestions. I’m out of them for right now. I’m sorry. 🙁
PK
Paul_Knaak
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks for the comeback, Beth. HAH, Well I’m cetainly not insulted just a little embarrassed as i am yet another one those posters who thought it was a default setting like Elements -1. I too have been using it in OS9 because I could get 2 to function correctly. Twice today you have saved me much aggrrivation. I surely do appreciate it.

Paul
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 13, 2004
Well I’m glad I saved you some aggravation! It’s been a pleasure. Now tell me – where did I put that extra jumper for my hard drive so I can get it into Cable Select mode before I install it?! (I keep gravitating back to the forum because it’s easier than the project I’m supposed to be working on.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections