RW
Posted By
Ryan_Wunderlich
Mar 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to install the trial for CS4 Extended and no matter what I’ve tried the installation always fails. I am running Vista64 w/ AMD64 5000+ dual core and 4 GB RAM. Any ideas on how I can get the installation to actually install the program? It doesn’t give me any specific error code, it just says that my installation failed and asks me to restart my computer and try again. HELP!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Mar 4, 2009
Run the CS4 Clean Utility to unregister all Adobe components you may have on your system (including the debris from your failed installs) and try again. Also make sure to close all unnecessary apps during install. If that doesn’t help, then it’s quite possible that this is something specific with AMD processors and it may require some fiddling with your BIOS and/or installing some AMD specific patches manually…

Mylenium

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections