RH
Posted By
Randal_Holmbeck
Dec 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got a PS Elements 6.0 for MAC at the apple store a few months back. The wife’s new mac came in on Friday, so I finally opened up the PS-Elements 6 last night and tried to install it – and I got this:

Summary
Successfully installed 1 component(s):
<green check> Shared components

Errors: 1 component(s):
<Red X> Adobe Photoshop Elements
Component install failed

So I started a downloaded of the latest and greatest for MAC which said ~7 hours. ….later… I woke up and had a cup of coffee.

Then installed this "Try it" version that I just downloaded thinking I could put the product key in later, but I get the same message as before.

And I cannot submit a question for help because the product is not registered.

Thoughts?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Dec 7, 2008
So I started a downloaded of the latest and greatest for MAC which said ~7 hours.

Are you referring to to Photoshop CS4?

Or are you referring to Elements 6?

If the latter, you need to post in the Elements forum, not here.

If the former, please give details about the Mac your wife has, exact model number, specs, installed RAM, video graphics card and its VRAM, etc.

Did you Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility before and after the installation?

BTW, you must be on a very slow dial-up connection.
R
Ram
Dec 7, 2008
Yes, we know you’re new to the Mac. It’s Mac for Macintosh, not "MAC". πŸ™‚
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 7, 2008
Randal,

In addition to RamΓ³n’s points, we don’t answer Photoshop Elements questions here (only Photoshop questions). You need to post Photoshop Elements questions in one of the double-bulleted folders at: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eeb4f8b>

Overall, I think you probably have a corrupted installation, and need to remove the incorrectly installed or damaged application components before proceeding. But installation issues ARE answered by Adobe telephone support. You can use your product serial number as your way in the door.

Neil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections