Can someone kindly direct me to the Photoshop for Linux Forum?

D
Posted By
DBS
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When is Adobe – Macromedia going to start coming out with Linux based versions of their products? So that I may dump the Microsoft OS once and for all?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 2, 2006
When is Adobe – Macromedia going to start coming out with Linux based versions of their products?

As soon as they determine that it will be profitable for them to do so, they will start development.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 2, 2006
If you want to get rid of Microsoft and run Unix, try MacOS X.
TT
Toby_Thain
Oct 3, 2006
Took the words right out of my mouth, Chris. Also note that, like many other applications, Photoshop can often be run successfully on a x86/Linux system under WINE or CrossOver Linux <http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/>.
Oct 3, 2006
So, what’s wrong with Microsoft?

(he, he, he…)
D
DBS
Oct 3, 2006
Took the words right out of my mouth, Chris. Also note that, like many other applications, Photoshop can often be run successfully on a x86/Linux system under WINE or CrossOver Linux.

According to what I read on the Wine and Codeweaver sites yesterday, it said that both CS1 and CS2 won’t run on Wine and I think that only photoshop 6 and 7 run on Linux-Wine.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 3, 2006
Well then, you need to fund CodeWeavers to update Wine/Crossover.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 4, 2006
you need to fund CodeWeavers to update Wine/Crossover

Shouldn’t be a problem there Chris. All the Linux users say they are quite willing to pay to be able to use their software.

🙂
D
DBS
Oct 4, 2006
Well then, you need to fund CodeWeavers to update Wine/Crossover.

I do regularly contribute. Hope you join your closed source friends in the Linux thread in feature request forum and contribute to open source software too! It’s great to see developers of commercial software getting on the Linux bandwagon – slowly but surely.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections