Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Barbara Brundage wrote:
Okay, everyone. Dorothy has invited everyone to provide a wish list
of what they want in the final new forum design.
Now is the time to voice your thoughts and opinions, if you have any.
Do it here:
Barbara Brundage "Forum Wish list" 8/21/03 4:31pm
</cgi-bin/webx?50>

Hopefully someone will see this, since I have no idea what to do with that link that was provided (I have only seen the web interface once, months ago, and apparently it’s changed since then). 😉 My wish: better integration with the newsgroup. What I mean is that it would be *great* if webx would *stop* destroying threads. Often, I have to scroll up and look for the message that people are responding to, because the original message isn’t quoted and there are no references. I don’t always need the original message to be quoted, but sometimes, especially when we’re talking about 10 replies deep for 10 different threads, I find it hard to keep track of who is saying what to whom. Sometimes, when reading this group, I feel like I’ve jumped back 25 years into internet past. 😉 Where is trn when you need it?! But wait, I *am* using a threaded newsreader!

Anyway, it’s not that I want to complain, it’s just that the opportunity has come up to, ahem, ask. 😉 I do love this group and I will keep reading, despite the difficulty.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Aug 22, 2003
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:
I have only seen the web interface once,
months ago…

I forgot to add the reason why I never use the web interface: I find it slow and confusing. I couldn’t figure out how to post and I could barely figure out how to keep track of threads and messages. The newsgroup interface has been and probably always will be faster and easier, at least for me.
O
OldnSenile
Aug 22, 2003
I would prefer that a posted reply be positioned somehow in association with the individual message to which it is a response, within the thread, as done in conventional newsgroups. This is especially useful when, as often occurs, the thread digresses from the original subject.

Probably, my preferences are due to my greater familiarity with newsgroups. I surely will adapt, with time, to whatever configuration this excellent forum chooses to adopt.
P
Phosphor
Aug 22, 2003
There was nothing wrong with this forum that needed to be fixed! 🙂
MB
Michael Brett
Aug 23, 2003
It would be nice to have a "My Threads" link to save scrolling through looking for answers to my posted questions.
Mike
BP
Bob Polk
Aug 23, 2003
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I’ve noticed in a number of sites the web page builders are trying to stay employed.

Old Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections