Posted By
george_dingwall
Dec 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’ve just tried to get on to the CS3 labs forum to post a couple of items I’m concerned about.

I can read previous posts bu can’t see any way of posting a new topic. All of the links at the top of the page, I.E. Help, Login, Profile etc, are all scrunched up on top of one another.

Even if I manage to click on the login link, it asks for a nickname, and no matter which nickname I enter it says, "Sorry that nickname is already taken". I even tried a randomly genrerated 10 letter sequence using my secure password generator, and it still tried to claim that this nickname was already taken.

The problems I wanted to ask about was why is CS3 so much slower when opening files than CS2. RAW files were about 13% slower and JPEGs were almost 500% slower. When I opened 48 jpegs in CS2 it took 70 seconds before I was able to commence aditing. When I opened the same 48 jpegs in CS3, it took 325 seconds to get to the point where I could edit the images. In both jpeg instances, photoshop and bridge were the only applications running.

I’d be happy to post this info on the labs CS3 forum if only I could find a way to login to it.

Bye for now.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 16, 2006
You have to have an Adobe ID and log in under that Adobe ID. It seems to be working for most people.
KF
Ken_Fong
Dec 17, 2006
I just had a similar problem with "Sorry that nickname is already taken". After searching for a fix, I logged out, deleted all my adobe cookies, and tried again. Then it worked.
RM
Rick Moore
Dec 18, 2006
What is the account name for newsgroup access to the Labs forum?

Rick Moore, AIA
www.bgkarchitects.com
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 18, 2006
All of the links at the top of the page, I.E. Help, Login, Profile etc, are all scrunched up on top of one another.

And that’s one of the reasons we don’t want the Photoshop forums migrated to the Crapromedia way of doing things!
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 18, 2006
I see the pages all right in FF: it’s just that the design is so non-intuitive and everything is so slow. Slow to the point of me moving on to another tab while the page loads. I think they’re using the Babbage servers.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 18, 2006
Yes, our Forums Operations folks are well aware of the problems and trying to make sure we have a good solution that works for everyone.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Dec 18, 2006
George,

I saw the same problem as you mentioned, where the command labels overlap one another into what appears a garbled mess. But, I was able to slew the cursor across the text and find the hot spot for each field. That’s how I created a posting of my own. I was using IE7, so maybe there’s a browser or font size issue causing the corruption of those fields of text…odd that it didn’t affect anything else.

Regards,

Daryl
CC
Charlie_Choc
Dec 19, 2006
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:52:36 -0800, "Rick Moore" wrote:

What is the account name for newsgroup access to the Labs forum?
I don’t think there is Usenet access, just web based.

Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com
RM
Rick Moore
Dec 19, 2006
Found the usenet access – it’s on forums.macromedia.com (stupid but true)

Rick Moore, AIA
www.bgkarchitects.com
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 20, 2006
Have I just seen five identical threads of this, or is webx messing up and looping back to the same one. I guess I’ll find out now.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 20, 2006
Yep, webx is messing up when I click on "read subscriptions" and showing the same topic. In fact, this topic seems to be glued to the top of my subscription list and is always the next topic read when I click on "read subscriptions." In the subscription list, it has two triangle icons, instead of one (whatever those mean, there is normally only one icon, not two!).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections