BB
Posted By
Barbara_Butts
Dec 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I felt guilty asking questions about XP, so I found a forum that might be useful to others. There were several listed in a Google search, but when I came to this one, I liked it better than others I checked.

< http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php? s=94b451f27d7992d8d602b940a773ef07&forumid=21>

I did as suggested and read the first post where they ask you to read it before posting. As here, they’d like pertient info the first time to help get a quick answer back to you. 🙂

Barbara

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 11, 2003
Hmmm. But what would I do then? The only reason I know as much about Win XP (well all versions of Windows, actually) is from hearing all of you Win users discuss your problems on this forum! By now I’m almost better at troubleshooting Windows than I am Mac! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 11, 2003
lol
BB
Barbara_Butts
Dec 11, 2003
Beth, you’re probably right. I’m learning a lot too! 🙂

Barbara
R
Ray
Dec 12, 2003
And the opposite is also true. Reading about Mac problems is how I could help a few people on other
boards.

Ray
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 12, 2003
What’s a Mac? :p

Shan
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 12, 2003
A Mac is the kind of computer used by some of those people who have provided great service to you here on the Elements forum. It’s another brand computer, kind of like a Mercedes Benz is a different kind of car from a Yugo. 🙂
TB
Terry Boyles
Dec 12, 2003
Don’t believe her Shan. It’s actually a big burger you get at McDonalds.

Terry
LG
Lorace_Graham
Dec 12, 2003
Shan, I think it has something to do with an Apple?

Shows how much I know.

Lorace
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 12, 2003
Beth, which one is the Yugo??
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 12, 2003
Well, Chuck, that would depend on one’s point of view. The Yugo is most likely the one a person doesn’t feel comfortable with, because who in the world could imagine feeling uncomfortable in a Mercedes? 🙂 Gotta go get ready for evening TV now!
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 12, 2003
I alwasy thought a MAC was like, in "Hey, Mac!"
MM
Mac_McDougald
Dec 12, 2003
… "Hey, Mac!"

You rang? 🙂

Mac
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 14, 2003
Beth,

My apologies for my post #5. I was in one of my lighter and flippant mode, obviously lubricated by a good quantity of the "Two Buck Chuck", when I asked that silly question. :p For those unfamiliar with the term, Two Buck Chuck refers to the Charles Shaw brand of wines that go for #1.99 at Traders Joe stores. I read about them in a sunday magazine of the local paper. Real good chuck for the buck.

Mercedes cars are having a whole lot of electronic and mechanical problems these past few years. Some new models had such serious problems that Mercedes had to buy back cars less than one year old! e.g. the 2002 E-Series E500. If the trend is not reversed, they will soon be mentioned with the Jugo in the same breath. BTW, saw a Yugo last spring in a LA street up close. It really looked as bad as Jay Leno made it out to be.

Shan
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 14, 2003
Shan, as a representative of the Ancient Mystical Order of Chucks, I must protest your use of our venerable name in conjunction with the foul potion you describe…..

Sincerely, (One Buck) Chuck

🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 14, 2003

p.s. Shan, I’m really glad you’re back – missed your great sense of humor!!
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 14, 2003
Chuck,

That potion is by no means foul. As a matter of fact a wine connoissuer, who is also a well known San Francisco venture capitalist, refer to the Two Buck Chuck as proof that "a decent bottle of mine doesn’t have to cost $2o".

I am not a wine person, but the two buck Merlot I bought went down real smooth with bearly a hint of overbeaing oak or tongue-coating tannin that bothers me a lot. Just a pleasant tasty drink on the dry side. Good with food or as a refreshment on its own. If you can get ahold of a bottle, you’ll see. News from the grapevine is that they buy this and last years’ surplus California grapes in the coastal areas in bulk to make these Charles Shaw wines. Some folks I saw at Trader Joe were carrying cases of it. That’s what piqued my interest to try a bottle. Think I’ll go back Monday to get myself a case too.

Shan,
the Coarse Drinker :p
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 14, 2003
Two Buck Chuck is $3.99 up here! 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 14, 2003
Shan: Thanks! Guess I’ll have to see whether any of that wine makes it all the way to Texas!

🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 14, 2003
Thank to you all for today’s smile … my ISP has been playing up all day and I needed someone to brighten my day.
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 14, 2003
I remember going to Trader Joe’s when I’d visit my sister in Santa Monica. Two years after we left Michigan Trader Joe’s opened a store in the town where we lived. Wonder if I can get them to come to western North Carolina……..

Dick
BB
Barbara_Butts
Dec 14, 2003
I don’t think we have them in the Kansas City area either, I’ll have to check it out. My sister lives in Seattle, and they shop there.

I’m sure glad I started this post so that conversations can be held in a post that doesn’t really apply to PE.

Anybody want to talk about yoga? 🙂 Bowling, grandkids? I could go on and on.

Barbara
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Or how pathetic Sadam looks. Tough man not so tough after living the life of a rodent for a while. hmmm, if they dug a little deeper into the sewer they may find Bin Laden.
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 15, 2003
Jodi,

The mighty are always mighty when no one disputes them. Afterwards the simply cease to be significant.

Dick
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
Beth,

Is the $3.99 price from a Trader Joe store, or others? I overheard at the Trader store some gent saying to another to get the Merlot rather than the Cabinet Sauvinon, because the former is quite a lot better value. There weren’t any whites the day I was there.

Chuck,

I would recommend giving the two buck Merlot at a try if it’s available in TX. But I wouldn’t go more than $6-7 for it. The Merlot also makes a nice sipping wine while watching TV and munching on something. Its quiet presence does not shout for attention and yet satisfying. The only lacking may be that of a good "nose". But with my year-round allergy and medication, I can’t smell much of anything anyway. 🙂
Just talking about it makes me want to go and get a case, but it’s suppose to rain heavily again this evening.

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Dick , very interesting analogy.
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
Dick,

The Trader Joe stores in the San Francoisco Bay area are doing pretty good business. They have a good selection of low fat cheeses, some single malts and different kinds of beers from all over. They may not have the best prices but their portions are way smaller than those in the big box stores.

Shan
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
Jodi,

The man really needs a shave an a hair cut. Imagine the stupid tyrant actually hid out in the sewer like a rat! Going by his deeds and his public posturing, I thought he would off himself rather than getting captured. Goes to show the kind of man he really is, a chicken sh*t coward.

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Shan, I think he just got tired of living underground…after such a life of luxury. Now Bin Laden on the other hand is comfy living in caves Soooooo, they’ll probably wait t’il just before the next election to bring him out to see the light.
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Dec 15, 2003
The scary thing is that if he’d have caught a flight for any large US city, he would have blended in with the armies of homeless that wander the streets. Who knows how long he could have escaped undetected.

wrote in message
Jodi,

The man really needs a shave an a hair cut. Imagine the stupid tyrant
actually hid out in the sewer like a rat! Going by his deeds and his public posturing, I thought he would off himself rather than getting captured. Goes to show the kind of man he really is, a chicken sh*t coward.
Shan
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
JoAnn.

If he also spits, talks to himself, occasionally swears angrily at passers-by or no one in particular, loafing around with his hand out and passes water at will in the street or whenever the mood moves him, he’ll be right at home in San Francisco. He will be well hidden in plain sight. Who knows, he may even run for public office on the homeless platform. He certainly has the look for it. 🙂

Shan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections