JL
Posted By
Jim Lloyd
Nov 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just to let everybody know… using Outlook Express, I was able to READ all of the posts to the Adobe Forums without logging in with my username and password. I don’t know if you can POST a message, (didn’t try) but you can READ all the messages simply by adding a new news account and entering adobeforums.com and not checking the "my server requires me to log in" box when setting up the server information.

This would be good news if you don’t want to create a user account at the Adobe forums on the website.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BT
Ben T
Nov 1, 2004
Jim
You are correct.
Some additional considerations;
When you access the adobeforums.com newsgroups and subscribe to adobe.photoshop elements, notice that a lot of the posters look like this "xxxxxx @ adobeforums.com". These are mirrored from the the Adobe Forums site. They were posted at the Adobe Forums site and automatically entered here. Also notice that some postings do not end with @ adobeforums.com, these postings were entered here and do not appear at the Adobe Forums site. As most of the posters from the Adobe Forums site do not access this site, any posting you do here will not be seen by them, and your questions and/or comments will not get answered by this larger group. Which I may add, are a very helpful group. I like to view this newsgroup here (adobe.photoshop elements via adobeforums.com ), but when I post I go to the Adobe Forums site.
Ben

"Jim Lloyd" wrote in message
Just to let everybody know… using Outlook Express, I was able to READ all of the posts to the Adobe Forums without logging in with my username and password. I don’t know if you can POST a message, (didn’t try) but you can READ all the messages simply by adding a new news account and entering adobeforums.com and not checking the "my server requires me to log in" box when setting up the server information.

This would be good news if you don’t want to create a user account at the Adobe forums on the website.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections