Posted By
Lyman_DeLiguori
Sep 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I’ve checked the FAQ and the KB but was unable to find out how I can upload a sample image with which I am having problems. The issue is one of ‘choppy’ text and is a very recent problem. To my knowlege I have not changed anything within CS2 that would cause this. I’d like to upload a sample – two actually.

One is ‘New –> Default Photoshop’ and when entering text is it razor sharp. Yet when text is entered onto a background image (no Filters, et al) the text exhibits ragged edges and this regardless of the nature of the background.

As always, any help greatly appreciated and thank you!

Lyman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 12, 2006

1) Upoad the image to <http://www.pixentral.com>

2) What resolution is your file at?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 12, 2006
Save copies of your files as JPEGs and, following Pixentral’s instructions, upload them here:

<http://www.pixentral.com/>

Once your picture has been uploaded, copy the text in the "HTML" box and paste it into the Message window in this Forum.
LD
Lyman_DeLiguori
Sep 12, 2006
Excellent! Thank you Ann! I will do that.

Best,

Lyman
LD
Lyman_DeLiguori
Sep 13, 2006
I believe I may have found out what the issue is though I am not certain. It appears that there is a direct relationship between the Text Size and the resolution of the Image to which that text is added to. Is that an accurate statement?

Before I upload any images and consume your time, let me dig into this a bit more…

On a side note, as a general rule should text be within a boundary box when added to an image?

Thanks,

Lyman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections