SS
Posted By
Susan_S.
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
People on the photoshop Mac forum have just highlighted the appearance of this <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb41392>

I suspect we may be encouraged to take some of our discussions there!

Susan S

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SR
Schraven_Robert
May 18, 2004
I noticed Linda King has already checked out the territory.

Does this mean that we now have to venture over to that forum or that we are encouraged to venture over?

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
May 18, 2004
No, it means we have to continue the way we do now, but we will have to check another forum too. 😉

Leen
L
LRK
May 18, 2004
I just came over to see what you photogs are doing and if you will be joining us at the new Photography Forum. Because I’m a Photoshop user rather than Elements I often gravitate to the other side. Actually I’ve been there so long it feels like home. I also have enjoyed getting to know those of you who have been so helpful and enjoyable to interact with. I’m really glad there’s a mid point for all of use to join forces. I would love to see you join us. You’re a very nice group and have been helpful to me! 🙂
SS
Susan_S.
May 18, 2004
Linda – I intend to see what happens. As long as the big boys play nice I will visit. – I lurk on the Photoshop mac forum, and as you know occasionally contribute to photography related discussion there. As I’m currently trialling CS I may well show up on the photoshop forum more regularly anyway. (Much to my surprise CS is actually quite usable on my G3 iMac – not noticeably slower than Elements2, anyway – I’m blown away by what you can do on Canon RAW files wth the RAW converter, compared with the junk that the Canon file viewer produces from my Canon G3 RAW files)

Susan S
J
jhjl1
May 18, 2004
Hello Susan. I am currently using the trial version of CS as well trying to decide on the upgrade. I have not had very good luck with the RAW conversions as compared to the Phase One C1 converter. Canon is releasing a new converter at the end of this month that I was told will be modeled after the C1 software, if that’s the case it will be worth giving it a try since it will be free to all Canon camera owners.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
by what you can do on Canon RAW files wth the RAW converter, compared
with the junk that the Canon file viewer produces from my Canon G3 RAW files)
Susan S
SS
Susan_S.
May 18, 2004
James -the only Canon converters that I’ve seen announced are for the EOS cameras – and I only have the G3 – now it’s possible that it will work for its RAW images – but C1 doesn’t. Canon’s FVU for my camera will only allow changes to the white balance and very minor changes to the contrast, saturation and sharpening. None at all to the exposure. Whereas Adobe RAW allows me to push and pull the exposure around an amazing amount. While the colours are slightly different to those produced by FVU, I think I actually prefer the Adobe colours out of the RAW conversion – rather less acid green, which my camera is prone to. It was very easy to tweak the RAW converter settings and save them to get something I am very happy with. But I don’t have anything to compare with, as I don’t think there is any converter which can handle Canon G3 files for the Mac and do these adjustments – Graphic Converter does a reasonable job if you just want to process without changing any settings, but I don’t see much point in that – the only advantage is ending up with a non-lossy format rather than jpeg.

Susan S.
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 18, 2004
Does anybody knows how to access that new forum from a newsreader?

Thanks!

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 18, 2004
I don’t know what to say. I can barely keep up on this forum now that summer has made it’s way here slowly but surely….too much to do for this outdoors gal ! Anyways, still behind on my replies on this forum. I guess when it slows down here I’ll just assume you all traversed to the other side. That would be a sad moment for me. I’ve kind of grown attached. Anyways, it would be nice if you all stayed.
BG
Byron Gale
May 18, 2004
You took the words out of my mouth, Ray… I couldn’t find it on the adobeforums.com news server.

Byron
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 18, 2004
I chuckled when I went to the new photograph forum. It has been on line since early last evening, they have a thread titled "This is a wonderful idea" and already they have a war going on. You have to love photographic forums.

Now that being said, it is a good idea and I do hope they will succeed!

Grant
SR
Schraven_Robert
May 18, 2004
Grant,

Quite entertaining indeed. Hope it stays in that forum.

Robert
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 18, 2004
The new photography forum is available with news readers.

Grant
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 18, 2004
Forum name is adobe.photography, for those interested.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 18, 2004

Curious. Doesn’t show in my newsreader.
Yep, I used "get new groups", too.

Mac
J
jhjl1
May 18, 2004
I refreshed newsgroups this morning and it wasn’t there, this afternoon it’s in.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
wrote in message

Curious. Doesn’t show in my newsreader.
Yep, I used "get new groups", too.

Mac
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 18, 2004
Mac

You might try checking again. It didn’t show up on my newsreader at 3:00 local time and an hour later it did. So far there are about a 100 post on it.

Grant
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 18, 2004
Well, it’s just real damn strange, not there.

I mean, we’re all accessing www.adobeforums.com as news server, not like it has to propogate out through various other newsfeeds…

I have adobe.typography and adobe.psprinter and etc that aren’t main product specific entries either, so I just dunno.

Mac
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 18, 2004
Mac, I had to refresh the groups list, but it’s there now for me.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 18, 2004
Just checked out the new forum. Nah………not for me.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 18, 2004
Ah, "re-read all groups" got it.
Thanks!

Mac
BG
Byron Gale
May 19, 2004
Got it… haven’t looked at a single post, yet, though.

When I went to my list of subscribed newsgroups at adobeforums.com, OE popped up an alert that there was a new newsgroup.

Definitely wasn’t there earlier today.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
May 19, 2004
Mac,

Not to pick nits, but I’m only using adobeforums.com

….no www.

Byron
JC
Jane Carter
May 19, 2004
Just read it on the web, that is sooooo easy.
They have already figured out what I am getting for my husband for Father’s day! Bookmark it in your browser and there it is, from the link. Jane
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 19, 2004
You’ve obviously never used Newsreader, Jane.
Now THAT is easy.
You see every post, soon as it arrives, bing.

M
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 19, 2004
But isn’t newsreader limited ? You cannot see images that some folk tend to post. You also cannot see when someone edits their post and that could be crucial to a following reply.
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 19, 2004
Jodi

It is a trade off. While you can’t do what you say, you can organize and search the forum so much easier. Also you can have more control editing your own posts. In the end it is personal choice but I like newsreaders so much I wouldn’t participate in this or any forum that didn’t allow newsreader access..

Grant
J
jhjl1
May 19, 2004
That’s a limit imposed by Adobe Jodi, I get images on all of the other forums I frequent.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
wrote in message
But isn’t newsreader limited ? You cannot see images that some folk
tend to post. You also cannot see when someone edits their post and that could be crucial to a following reply.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 19, 2004
Same here…I had only looked at the forum on web a time or two…wasn’t until I saw the Adobe groups showing up on other newsfeeds that I finally caught on how to access/post through the adobe server.

Even though I have broadband, if web was the only method, I might look at it as reference now and then for probs/tips, but certainly wouldn’t be a participant.

M

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections