Posted By
Graham_Hart
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Following on from the question I asked the other day where I had problems with transparency created on some gifs created in Illustrator, I have now been sent the illustrator file.
It imports nicely into PSE and I can cut out the necessary parts with the correct transparency .. so thanks for the help you all gave.

Now, the next problem. The image is of a webpage and include navigation buttons, which I need to be the same size/shape as each other. Also I will be changing the colours to create rollover images.

I could use the select tool to cut out the bits I need and try and make sure I always start from the same x position and get exactly the same size, but I was wondering if there is an easy way of dividing up a navigation bar into equal slices ?

It would be nice to have a select template triangle that I place over each part of the image and copy it to the clipboard ..

Any shortcuts ? or is it the long way ….

Thanks again for any help …

Cheers

Graham

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GH
Graham_Hart
Feb 12, 2004
.. . . . …. sneaks sheepishly in …

I have accidentally discovered that the select box does pretty much exactly as I described …

sneaks sheepishly out ….
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 12, 2004
Happens to all of us Graham ….

Wendy
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 13, 2004
Graham,

View>Show Grid should be helpful. You can change the grid size with Edit>Preferences>Grid
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 13, 2004
Isn’t it possible that you could just duplicate the shape layers and then apply a different adjustment layer color to each ?
JE
Joe_Enos
Feb 13, 2004
Can I use the shape tool to crop photos; i. e. Can a photo be cropped in the shape of a heart?
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 13, 2004
Joe, Yes. First unlock your photo so it’s no longer a background, and add a transparent layer. Put the transparent layer under your photo. Now make your photo layer active, and draw your heart with the shape tool. You will now have a big black heart over the photo. Position heart over portion of photo to be cut out. Now drag this shape layer under the photo layer. You will see an outline of where the cut will occur. Last step is to make the photo layer which should now be the top layer active (blank,shape,photo), and press ctrl G if on a PC.

Terro

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections