D
Posted By
DB
Jun 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one might be easy to some but i cant do it…..

I have some pictures that I want to cut out some diamond shapes from them…. what i’m aiming to do is make some personalised signs for the back window of my car, the sort of thing you often see, such as baby on board etc…

I want to lift a diamond shaped section from an image, then over type some text i.e. Pillock on board……. ideally, i’d like to put a coloured border round the diamond shaped image…

Can any kind person give me a clue as to how to cut a diamond shape and then put a border to it.

Many Thanks

Dave 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John J
Jun 26, 2008
DB wrote:

I want to lift a diamond shaped section from an image, then over type some text i.e. Pillock on board……. ideally, i’d like to put a coloured border round the diamond shaped image…

If you are only trying to get type into the shape, then it is quite simple. Go to the Shapes (in the left-hand tool bar) and select Polygon. Type in 4 for the number of sides. Shift-Drag and twist a bit to create your diamond shape.

Now click on the Text item in the toolbar then click in the shape you just made. Type away. The type will be constrained to the shape. Done!

You might want to click on the ‘center’ icon in the type tool bar to make it look like the rest of the signs you mention.
K
KatWoman
Jun 26, 2008
"DB" wrote in message

I have some pictures that I want to cut out some diamond shapes from them…. what i’m aiming to do is make some personalised signs for the back window of my car, the sort of thing you often see, such as baby on board etc…

Can any kind person give me a clue as to how to cut a diamond shape and then put a border to it.

Many Thanks

Dave 🙂

make a square >>>rotate 45*
GW
Graham Waiffers
Jun 27, 2008
KatWoman wrote:
"DB" wrote in message

Many Thanks

Dave 🙂

Make a square with rounded corners, rotate 45*.

Graham Waiffers

The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat, Watson deMeneux or Jack Skwaht.
JJ
John J
Jun 27, 2008
KatWoman wrote:

🙂 Making the polygon with 4 sides and turning the cursor a bit snaps it to 45 degrees.

To each his own!
B
bazwillrunREMOVE
Jun 27, 2008
"John" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:

🙂 Making the polygon with 4 sides and turning the cursor a bit snaps it to 45 degrees.

To each his own!

and you can then free transform to elongate , or shear etc etc

or use the pen tool and draw it with that and distort using the bezier points, choices choices choices !
K
keepout
Jun 27, 2008
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:42:41 -0500, John wrote:

KatWoman wrote:

To each his own!

What am I doing wrong ? My 4 sided polygon, creates a 4 pointed star. Which setting has reset itself wrong ?

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
JJ
John J
Jun 27, 2008
Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
"John" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:

To each his own!

or use the pen tool and draw it with that and distort using the bezier points, choices choices choices !

It always easier to make things difficult than simple.
JJ
John J
Jun 27, 2008
wrote:

What am I doing wrong ? My 4 sided polygon, creates a 4 pointed star. Which setting has reset itself wrong ?

Go to the bar above the canvas. See the little star-shape? Click on the tiny black arrow. Uncheck "Star".

Now you have yet another tool! Cool, this stuff, eh?
B
bazwillrunREMOVE
Jun 27, 2008
"John" wrote in message
Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
"John" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:

To each his own!

Ok, i’ll keep it simple for you then

It wasnt a dictat it was just other options that could be used if needed.
JJ
John J
Jun 27, 2008
Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
"John" wrote in message

Don’t do me any favors, Quackenbush.
B
bazwillrunREMOVE
Jun 27, 2008
"John" wrote in message
Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
"John" wrote in message

Don’t do me any favors, Quackenbush.

Dr Quackenbush to you, asshole

Just remembered, schools are out , that explains it

Let me see, wheres that killfile….got it, kerrrrplonk !
K
keepout
Jun 28, 2008
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:04:22 -0500, John wrote:

wrote:

Go to the bar above the canvas. See the little star-shape? Click on the tiny black arrow. Uncheck "Star".

Now you have yet another tool! Cool, this stuff, eh?

Much better.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
D
DB
Jul 27, 2008
Got that John….. much better…..

Any ideas how I pop a yellow border around it , about 1cm thick.

Many Thanks

Dave 🙂

"DB" wrote in message

Many Thanks

Dave 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections