LD
Posted By
laiton_david
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, i need to make a picture round without cuting any part of the picture, i need my pictures to be like circles or any othger shape how can i do this in photoshop
thank you
David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 12, 2007
What are you going to do with the pictures when you have done it?

The answer will depend on the purpose of the picture.
LD
laiton_david
Jun 13, 2007
I will use it inside a cover desing, i manage to round the image but when i put it infront of another picture it just shows the white background outside the circle shape, dont know how to get rid of that or just make it so i dont have that white background.
Thank you.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 13, 2007
You need to make the white background transparent.

Make sure the base layer is renamed from "Background " by Alt+double-clicking it. This is because a layer named Background will not support transparency.

Select the white area with the Magic Wand Tool and press Delete.

The white will turn to a checker board pattern.

Now, with the Move Tool, drag the round part into the second picture in the position you want it. It will appear on its own layer.

Save the image in the format required (flatten if necessary).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections