Diamond Shape Cut Out.. 26 june 2008 ….. Read me..

D
Posted By
DB
Jul 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Firstly…. apologies for not getting back…but its new PC time and i’ve had boatloads of problems with this new tin box…

Also….many thanks for all who tried to help me……. Guess What ?? Im still stuck……

My problem, Im trying to make a little sign for the car…… like "Baby On Board"…. I want to tak an image…… take a diamond shape from it and then put a border around the image.

Thats it in a nutshell……….

If i have a picture and then crop it,,,,,,, thats fine…… but its the wrong shape…… I have followed the advice given…. but it rotates the image -45 degrees…… that would be fine if the image needed rotating – but it doesnt. It only the "crop shape" or whatever you call it….

I know it can be done as i did it by accident last week and cant remember how i did it…..

Imagine you have a portrait pic, then you want to make a diamond shape cut from it, you will want the portarit to still be the same way up……. but I want the canvas to be diamond shaped with the image still looking at me…

Im not very good at explaining myself but i hope you kind folk out there sort of understand me…

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
DB
Jul 27, 2008
Sort of achieved something………….

I rotated the canvas -45 degrees…….. then cropped it……. the rotated it 45 degrees….

Yep…. thats what i want…… image is the right way up…..

\now….. how do i put the border around it……. surely this must be the easy bit,lol

Cheers

Dave 🙂

"DB" wrote in message
Firstly…. apologies for not getting back…but its new PC time and i’ve had boatloads of problems with this new tin box…

Also….many thanks for all who tried to help me……. Guess What ?? Im still stuck……

My problem, Im trying to make a little sign for the car…… like "Baby On Board"…. I want to tak an image…… take a diamond shape from it and then put a border around the image.

If i have a picture and then crop it,,,,,,, thats fine…… but its the wrong shape…… I have followed the advice given…. but it rotates the image -45 degrees…… that would be fine if the image needed rotating – but it doesnt. It only the "crop shape" or whatever you call it….
I know it can be done as i did it by accident last week and cant remember how i did it…..

Imagine you have a portrait pic, then you want to make a diamond shape cut from it, you will want the portarit to still be the same way up……. but I want the canvas to be diamond shaped with the image still looking at me…

Im not very good at explaining myself but i hope you kind folk out there sort of understand me…

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

JJ
John J
Jul 27, 2008
DB wrote:

Open the image. Use the marquee tool to drag a square over the area (shift-drag). Then under the Select menu take Transform Selection. Rotate the select marque. You can type 45 into the little box at the top to make it perfect. Press Enter. Now in Select, take Inverse. Press Delete.

Yep.
T
Talker
Jul 28, 2008
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:37:30 -0500, John wrote:

DB wrote:

Open the image. Use the marquee tool to drag a square over the area (shift-drag). Then under the Select menu take Transform Selection. Rotate the select marque. You can type 45 into the little box at the top to make it perfect. Press Enter. Now in Select, take Inverse. Press Delete.

Yep.

For the yellow border, after you press delete, go to Select and click on Inverse. Now go to the color palatte and select the yellow color that you want to use. Now go to Edit….Stroke. In the window that opens, select Outside, then you need to figure out how many pixels you need to obtain the size border you want to use…..start with something like 30 px.

Talker
T
Talker
Jul 28, 2008
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:19:03 -0500, Talker wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:37:30 -0500, John wrote:

DB wrote:

Yep.

For the yellow border, after you press delete, go to Select and click on Inverse. Now go to the color palatte and select the yellow color that you want to use. Now go to Edit….Stroke. In the window that opens, select Outside, then you need to figure out how many pixels you need to obtain the size border you want to use…..start with something like 30 px.

Talker

I noticed that by selecting Outside, you get a yellow border, but the pointy edges of the diamond are rounded off. You have to select Inside in order to get a pointy edge. That means that you need to make the diamond bigger so that when you add the yellow border inside the diamond shape, you won’t cover over the subject’s face.

Talker
JJ
John J
Jul 28, 2008
Talker wrote:

I noticed that by selecting Outside, you get a yellow border, but the pointy edges of the diamond are rounded off. You have to select Inside in order to get a pointy edge. That means that you need to make the diamond bigger so that when you add the yellow border inside the diamond shape, you won’t cover over the subject’s face.

Thanks for filling in what I omitted, Talker. And I think the original poster is looking for a rounded edge such as those found on the signs he mentioned, so all is good! Most excellent!

jjs
J
Joel
Jul 28, 2008
"DB" wrote:

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

I am glad you are back, cuz it’s a nice thing for the original to come back to update the report.

Me? I don’t do diamond, but I don’t see there should be any problem getting the diamond shape. Here is what I have in mind.

1. Photoshop may have some diamond shape symbol, or at least there should be some FONT with diamond shape. If you can’t find anything available on your system, then there should be thousands available on internet, and you should be able to GOOGLE for some.

2. Now, after you got the diamond shape loaded or typed on Photohop, this is what you may need.

a. Turn it into MASK (BLACK)

b. Then use MASK to get your image inside or outseide of the Diamond Shape MASK

Of course you may be able to use Select and CUT command, but why use CUT when you have the chance to learn some advance command like MASKING.
D
DB
Jul 28, 2008
Got it sussed now… many thnaks for all the help……. what i did was as mentioned in above post…then Edit/stroke/width…7….colour…. yellow…..

hey presto….. the sign i was after…….yippee…..

SOrted…

MANY MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE

:)))))))))))))))
"Joel" wrote in message
"DB" wrote:

My problem, Im trying to make a little sign for the car…… like "Baby On
Board"…. I want to tak an image…… take a diamond shape from it and then put a border around the image.

Imagine you have a portrait pic, then you want to make a diamond shape cut
from it, you will want the portarit to still be the same way up……. but I
want the canvas to be diamond shaped with the image still looking at me…

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

I am glad you are back, cuz it’s a nice thing for the original to come back to update the report.

Me? I don’t do diamond, but I don’t see there should be any problem getting the diamond shape. Here is what I have in mind.
1. Photoshop may have some diamond shape symbol, or at least there should be
some FONT with diamond shape. If you can’t find anything available on your
system, then there should be thousands available on internet, and you should
be able to GOOGLE for some.

2. Now, after you got the diamond shape loaded or typed on Photohop, this is
what you may need.

a. Turn it into MASK (BLACK)

b. Then use MASK to get your image inside or outseide of the Diamond Shape MASK

Of course you may be able to use Select and CUT command, but why use CUT when you have the chance to learn some advance command like MASKING.
K
KatWoman
Jul 28, 2008
"DB" wrote in message

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

very entertaining
sorta like the 3 stooges….JOHN gave the BEST answer FIRST reply watching you all make such simple task into so much work!! to the OP >>what an interesting workaround >Kudos for using the grey matter A Rube Goldberg award to Joel
"Google for diamond shape" lol

CROP TOOL FOLKS
put cursor near corner
hold finger on shift and rotate
it will click in 45 degree steps

or as John #1 marquee tool
D
DB
Jul 28, 2008
Just shows you……. many ways to skin a cat………

and which way did you help KatWoman…… oh,,, you didnt…..

Im grateful to all help as it helped me to reach my goal……. tell me where you live Katwoman and i’ll send you a special sign….lol

Cheers

Dave 🙂

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"DB" wrote in message

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

very entertaining
sorta like the 3 stooges….JOHN gave the BEST answer FIRST reply watching you all make such simple task into so much work!! to the OP >>what an interesting workaround >Kudos for using the grey matter
A Rube Goldberg award to Joel

CROP TOOL FOLKS
put cursor near corner

J
Joel
Jul 28, 2008
"KatWoman" wrote:

<snip>

hehehe an angry women stiking <bg>
D
DB
Jul 28, 2008
Aye…. watch them !!

Dave 🙂

"Joel" wrote in message
"KatWoman" wrote:

<snip>

MR
Mike Russell
Jul 29, 2008
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:46:39 -0500, Joel wrote:

"KatWoman" wrote:

<snip>

Your method of producing a diamond shape was as complex as the result was trivial. Rube Goldberg describes it perfectly.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
K
KatWoman
Jul 29, 2008
"DB" wrote in message
Just shows you……. many ways to skin a cat………

and which way did you help KatWoman…… oh,,, you didnt…..
Im grateful to all help as it helped me to reach my goal……. tell me where you live Katwoman and i’ll send you a special sign….lol
Cheers

Dave 🙂

I don’t answer people too dumb to look up the answer they got last week to SAME QUERY
and in general those too dumb to look at PS HELP how to 101 stuff like TOOLS tool
and you did receive correct replies before I saw your post RUDE BOY top poster

TWICE SO FAR
las t time you asked and got correct answer
and this time as well

as I said post # John correct
other ways > worked and I acknowledged that HUMOROUSLY I will get you a special sign that reads
forgetful and NO SENSE OF HUMOR
to hang around your neck

and also acknowledged chivalry
Mike Russell
thanks

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"DB" wrote in message

Thanks again

Dave 🙂

very entertaining
sorta like the 3 stooges….JOHN gave the BEST answer FIRST reply watching you all make such simple task into so much work!! to the OP >>what an interesting workaround >Kudos for using the grey matter

CROP TOOL FOLKS
put cursor near corner

J
Joel
Jul 30, 2008
Mike Russell wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:46:39 -0500, Joel wrote:

"KatWoman" wrote:

<snip>

Your method of producing a diamond shape was as complex as the result was trivial. Rube Goldberg describes it perfectly.

It could be complex if one doesn’t know how.
JJ
John J
Jul 31, 2008
Joel wrote:
Mike Russell wrote:

Elegance requires thought.
J
Joel
Jul 31, 2008
John wrote:

Joel wrote:
Mike Russell wrote:

Elegance requires thought.

Now you talking!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections