M
Posted By
MLW
Apr 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The other day when I attempted to open photoshop 7 (in Window XP pro with a gig of DDR 2700 memory) it starts it’s opening routine then just past something about "fonts" it closes, stops, does not continue to open, just shoots me back to the desk top. This has happen a couple of times in the past 2-3 years. The first time it happened I just reinstalled and I was back in business but the last time I ended up formating as I had some other issues as well and was ready to take that route. I am not connected to the internet in any way.

Can someone please give me some idea of how to resolve this issue?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 16, 2006
"MLW" wrote in message
The other day when I attempted to open photoshop 7 (in Window XP pro with a gig of DDR 2700 memory) it starts it’s opening routine then just past something about "fonts" it closes, stops, does not continue to open, just shoots me back to the desk top. This has happen a couple of times in the past 2-3 years. The first time it happened I just reinstalled and I was back in business but the last time I ended up formating as I had some other issues as well and was ready to take that route. I am not connected to the internet in any way.

Sounds like you have a corrupted font, and tracking down the culprit can be very time consuming, to do so, take out any fonts not on the list at http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html and put them into a temporary folder, then try PS again. If all’s well put ten of the moved fonts back into the Windows fonts folder and open PS again. Repeat the process until PS refuses to load, then remove the last ten and put half of them back.,(binary search) and try PS etc Also, if you do find a damaged font almost immediately, don’t assume that this is the only one, you need to search through all of them.You can also try deleting your prefernces file (not removed/replaced at PS uninstallation/reinstallation) to do so, hold down the control, shift and alt keys, WHILST starting PS.

HTH
MH
M
MLW
Apr 16, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

"MLW" wrote in message

Sounds like you have a corrupted font, and tracking down the culprit can be very time consuming, to do so, take out any fonts not on the list at http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html and put them into a temporary folder, then try PS again. If all’s well put ten of the moved fonts back into the Windows fonts folder and open PS again. Repeat the process until PS refuses to load, then remove the last ten and put half of them back.,(binary search) and try PS etc Also, if you do find a damaged font almost immediately, don’t assume that this is the only one, you need to search through all of them.You can also try deleting your prefernces file (not removed/replaced at PS uninstallation/reinstallation) to do so, hold down the control, shift and alt keys, WHILST starting PS.

HTH
MH
Deleting the preferences file did the trick. After several unsuccessful attempts at Holding down control, shift and alt keys I achieved the proper timing as to when to hold down keys. It worked for me it worked when I rather quickly after starting PS, before and then starting did not work and wait to long did not as well.

Thank you very much for your advice at correcting a very frustrating occurrence.

MLW
MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 16, 2006
"MLW" wrote in message
Mike Hyndman wrote:

"MLW" wrote in message

Sounds like you have a corrupted font, and tracking down the culprit can be very time consuming, to do so, take out any fonts not on the list at http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html and put them into a temporary folder, then try PS again. If all’s well put ten of the moved fonts back into the Windows fonts folder and open PS again. Repeat the process until PS refuses to load, then remove the last ten and put half of them back.,(binary search) and try PS etc Also, if you do find a damaged font almost immediately, don’t assume that this is the only one, you need to search through all of them.You can also try deleting your prefernces file (not removed/replaced at PS
uninstallation/reinstallation) to do so, hold down the control, shift and alt keys, WHILST starting PS.

HTH
MH
Deleting the preferences file did the trick. After several unsuccessful attempts at Holding down control, shift and alt keys I achieved the proper timing as to when to hold down keys. It worked for me it worked when I rather quickly after starting PS, before and then starting did not work and wait to long did not as well.

Thank you very much for your advice at correcting a very frustrating occurrence.
MLW,

You’re welcome, I hope that this was your only problem 😉

Regards
Mike H

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections