Need to boot PS several times for it to start?

SM
Posted By
Steve_McKEogh
Feb 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy,

I have a small niglling issue with my copy of Photoshop CS3 on Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I never use to get.

For the past several months I have had to click the PS icon (usually in my quick launch) several times before photoshop will actually boot up. Sometimes I can get PS to boot up on the first click, sometimes 2 (usually) but other times I have to click it bout 6+ times before I see the PS splash screen and it starts?

However, PS is doing something on this non-booting clicks, cos my Task Manager shows I have several processes of PS running, but they all use significantly less memory than the actual opened PS. So for example, if I had to click 6 times, the one that is open may be using 71k, but all the other ones will be using 4k, I then manually stop those processes and PS works fine.

Here is a screengrab example of my process list when this happens: <http://www.btinternet.com/~s.mckeogh/photoshop.gif>

This isn’t a major problem cos I can get PS to boot and function as it is suppose to, but it its somewhat annoying when I have to keep doing this process everytime I want to run PS.

My specs (incase its needed) are:

Windows Vista Ultimate Retail x64
Intel Q9550 @ 3.6GHz
4GB PC2-8500 Corsair Dominator Ram
1x 150GB WD Velociraptor 10,000RPM HDD
1x 1TB Samsung F1 HDD

Also, incase it matters, I have a copy of Flash CS3 installed too, both PS and Flash are 100% legimate copies.

Any help will be appreciated!

ta
ATi 4870×2 2GB Graphics Card

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John Joslin
Feb 15, 2009
Make a new short cut to the Photoshop.exe file. Click on that once and wait. Don’t be impatient.

After a slow start it usually gets quicker subsequently. If you have UAC on that could cause delays too.
SM
Steve_McKEogh
Feb 16, 2009
I can wait all day, it don;t boot. I’ve created a new shortcut from several different routes, I click the icon to boot and I will get the spinning icon where windows is telling me its doing something, then that will go and thats it. I will have a 4k process for photoshop, but I could wait a week, it wont boot.

So I have to keep pressing until it boots, something is hanging it, just hoping someone else has had the prob and found a fix.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections