JJ
Posted By
Jim_J_Callahan
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I loaded Photoshop Elements 2.0 and had no problems. I clicked Finish, the computer rebooted, and I got this:
While initializing devices IOS, an I/O subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the IOSubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory. The PC stops, and won’t boot up.

How can I fix this? My computer is useless at this stage.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 7, 2004
Jim, did you try starting up in Safe Mode? If you can, try to uninstall Elements and see if the computer will restart okay.

How much RAM do you have?

Chuck
JJ
Jim_J_Callahan
Mar 7, 2004
I was able to start up in Safe mode and I did uninstall Photoshop Elements (it appeared successful) but I still get the same error. I have 384MB of RAM (128MB + 256MB)
EW
Ed_Wurster
Mar 7, 2004
wrote:
I loaded Photoshop Elements 2.0 and had no problems. I clicked Finish, the computer rebooted, and I got this: While initializing devices IOS, an I/O subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the IOSubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory.
The PC stops, and won’t boot up.

How can I fix this? My computer is useless at this stage.

Jim,
Search that message in google groups. I can’t give you one hit which looks more promising than others, but there are many ideas about it. Some of these included looking at your device driver icons, renaming smartdrv, removing and reinstalling IE.
I have Win98SE, so if you want to bounce any ideas, post them. Ed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections