Posted By
david_a_doyle
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
my system is win xp pen p4 3gig with 3 gig of ram
photoshop cs2 only alows 1771 mb, and we run @ 94%,which is 1661mb how do i change the boot.ini.file in windows xp to let photoshop run faster
my 2 hard drves are partitioned and windows runs on its own hard drive p-shop runs on (e)= 20gig and(g) 40 gig sec scratch and (f) primary scratch regards david

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jun 8, 2005
Changing Boot.ini won’t help Photoshop run faster, check the FAQ for techniques to speed up Photoshop.

You could, however, use MSCONFIG to get rid of programs that turn on at startup and you don’t really need running all the time. Lots of devices, programs, and such start themselves when you start the computer even though you only need them when you want to use them.
B
borisz
Jun 8, 2005
Hi David,
You can edit boot.ini or go to
< http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides /E2k3Perf_ScalGuide/e834e9c7-708c-43bf-b877-e14ae443ecbf.msp x>

To Set the /3GB Startup Switch in Windows
Right-click My Computer and select Properties. The System Properties dialog box will appear.

Click the Advanced tab.

In the Startup and Recovery area, click Settings. The Startup and Recovery dialog box will appear.

In the System startup area, click Edit. This will open the Windows boot.ini file in Notepad.

In the [Operating Systems] section, add the following switches to the end of the startup line that includes the /fastdetect switch: /3GB

Save the changes and close Notepad.

Click OK two times to close the open dialog boxes, and then restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Boris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections