carnegie
Jul 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On a normal boot to Windows 2000 Pro, I have two Photoshop Elements
3.0 files that start up and show in Windows Task Manager. These are
identified as Photoshop Elemen PID 516 using 3108K and PID 712 using 2012k. Since Photoshop Elements itself is not running, why are these files running and can I safely remove them from the startup, and if so, what do I need to do?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jul 6, 2005
Thomas J. Carnegie wrote:
On a normal boot to Windows 2000 Pro, I have two Photoshop Elements
3.0 files that start up and show in Windows Task Manager. These are
identified as Photoshop Elemen PID 516 using 3108K and PID 712 using 2012k. Since Photoshop Elements itself is not running, why are these files running and can I safely remove them from the startup, and if so, what do I need to do?

I believe the first is the PhotoConnect manager that looks for card readers and cameras when they become active. I believe the other is the FileAgent and I believe it keeps check on new files in watched folders. I could be totally wrong however.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections