J
Posted By
JohnPro
Aug 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I execute photo shop and its loading the stuff the computer will restart and I get this message.

Windows cannot continue \windows\system32\config\windows file is either corrupt or missing. ..You might try the repair function in Windows XP insert the Program CD and select "r" at the first screen.

I dont have the cd with me but it seems to be a problem with adobe photoshop not XP. How can i solve this problem (i just uninstalled Photoshop and i will install it again once i find out what the problem might be) The computer works fine untill i execute PS.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 10, 2007
it’s either hardware or operating system install. the ps thing is just a symptom. i’d try to reinstall xp first, as that’s probably less painful (to you) that pulling hardware and trying to find a possibly defective component.
B
Bigguy
Aug 10, 2007
wrote:
Every time I execute photo shop and its loading the stuff the computer will restart and I get this message.

Windows cannot continue \windows\system32\config\windows file is either corrupt or missing. ..You might try the repair function in Windows XP insert the Program CD and select "r" at the first screen.

I dont have the cd with me but it seems to be a problem with adobe photoshop not XP. How can i solve this problem (i just uninstalled Photoshop and i will install it again once i find out what the problem might be) The computer works fine untill i execute PS.

Will XP start up in Safe Mode?

If yes – it’s a driver issue, prog in startup (or a virus)…

If no – it’s a Windows repair/reinstall.

Guy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections