green tinted prints from PS CS to my Epson 2200?

P
Posted By
PixelPete17
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey gang,

I’ve been fighting with this PS CS printing problem for months and have been so preoccupied with other concerns that I never took the time to post this question here…

Here goes…short version that is…

I get green tinted prints when printing from PS CS to my Epson 2200, and this has only been happening ever since using Creative Suite under OS X. I got green tinted results under OS X.1 and now Panther as well. (1v10.3.1 and v10.3.2)

I can print fine from OS 9 via PS 7.

I can print fine from OS X using InDesign CS.

To fix the problem I have even formatted the drive, reinstalled Panther, reinstalled Creative Suite, and then reinstalled latest driver from Epson after that. I ran a test print on that first day of all software being freshly installed and the test print was perfect…so I smiled. 🙂 The very next day I got nothing but green tinted prints and to this day I still have the same issue.

Anyone else go through this and know of a fix?

I thought I had double-profiling happening, but all my settings in color preferences in PS CS are correct…(unless I’m REALLY missing something here…)

I’ve heard of others having same problem even in WinXP, but don’t know if that really means anything relevant to my scenario.

As for myself and my background, I’m a working professional graphic designer with over ten years of experience and am fully versed in color management. (I own my own business, so fixing this is really important) I’m using a PB 667 DVI connected to a 22" Cinema Display and am used to getting near perfect proofs and prints when using Premium Lustre paper.

All help is really appreciated and truly needed…

PixelPete

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Aug 12, 2004
Pete,

That definitely sounds like a damaged monitor profile or a broken color management. There are innumerable threads dealing with this issue. Just do a forum search on your monitor profile is hosed.

Check out the instructions on this site VERY carefully:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
P
PixelPete17
Aug 12, 2004
I’ll do a search right now…but, I really don’t think a monitor profile could be the problem as I know the full history of my facing this issue, and it hasn’t always given me consistent green prints. A few months back I had days where it would work fine, then days of green tinted prints…it made NOOO sense whatsover.

I will look into your suggestion though, and I’ve just read through the linked site just to see how good of a tutorial it is…that guy did a good and thorough job, BUT…I already truly know all of that and more. I’ve been "color management savvy" for years now, and am so glad to see things be so simple finally. 🙂 This stuff isn’t rocket science in the least, it just takes reading.

In my case though, the problem is strangely occasionally intermittent, then thoroughly consistent for a while. (did that even make any sense lol?)

Ok…gotta go do some searching for that thread now..thx again,

PixelPete
R
Ram
Aug 12, 2004
PixelPete,

I really don’t think a monitor profile could be the problem as

Yes it can. Just like any other document, monitor profile files can and do get corrupted at any time. And monitors change over time, gradually, suddenly or in spurts.

Having said that, your color management has to be looked at carefully.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 12, 2004
This stuff isn’t rocket science in the least, it just takes reading.

And an awareness of EXACTLY where/when the CONVERSION takes place from Source Space to Specific Printer/Paper/Ink Profile…

If the profiles are good and properly targeted, properly managed, and a Good File doesn’t print consistantly, then I would suspect hardware issues (maybe a bad cable, bus, or malfunctioning printer)…

My experience on this "print doesn’t match the monitor" issue, however, tends to lean on the "we’re missing something" theory.

Then the question becomes: What? 🙂
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 13, 2004
Hmmmm. I’ve never actually had a corrupted monitor profile in eight years of making them. The Epson driver in OS X leaves a lot to be desired. It sometimes doesn’t hold the settings you plug into it, so it may be possible that you are getting a double profile without your knowing it. Make sure that you save your settings before you hit the Print button. I’ve had this "feature’ bite me in the ass more than once.

I always make my profile conversion in PS where I can view the effects of different rendering intents in real time and after converting send the file through using the "Same as Source" and "No Color Adjustment" options.

If everything prints fine in OS 9, and you’re using the same monitor profile in X, then I would not suspect the profile or even clogged print heads. I would go in the direction of the convoluted new layout of driver settings from our good friends at Epson.
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Hmmmm. I’ve never actually had a corrupted monitor profile in eight years of making them.

Probably because you profile often and because you are lucky. Anyway, monitor profiles don’t get corrupted as you make them. I’ve had a few.

If everything prints fine in OS 9, and you’re using the same monitor profile in X, then I would not suspect the profile

That’s a prime reason to suspect a bad profile. OS X and 9,x use different files. You have to create a monitor profile in each environment.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 13, 2004
The only thing Photoshop uses the monitor profile for is to PROOF the Source File on the monitor — MonitorRGB, the monitor profile, has no effect on the Source Space> Print Space Conversion.

Unless the monitor is displaying the PDI Target file green like the print, I would look elsewhere for the problem…
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Unless the user is compensating the magenta tint on his monitor by over correcting to green.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 13, 2004
Ya…I hope we are not STILL not trying to rule out a monitor profile and bad files, but who knows…
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2004
Have you downloaded Epson’s new 2200 icc profiles??

do it if you have not.

now print from the app using the correct paper profile.

set the printer color management to "no color management"

It sounds like you are double colormanaging the file.
P
PixelPete17
Aug 13, 2004
I have downloaded the latest ICC profiles off of Epson’s site, and for those considering whether my monitor has "aged" or shifted to green or magenta…it’s not likely at all. All of my monitors are less than two years old, are calibrated, and the one I use for OS X is a 22" Cinema Display…my favorite by far. (easy on the eyes and color is so dead on it’s incredible)

One thing that has been MINDBOGGLING is that sometimes the preview is green tinted, other times it is not, but either way..whatever is previewed IS the color I get at the printer.

Someone said that the OS 9 working v OS X not working discrepancy points to the montior profile being bad, and that is true…but once a hard drive is formatted, then OS X is newly installed, then Creative Suite is installed, and then the latest Epson driver is installed…there is NO chance that a fresh monitor profile hasn’t been created..and yet I STILL get green tinted prints only from PS CS under Panther. This one truly has me completely baffled and frustrated. I’ve alway hated OS X for various reasons (it’s still not completely trustworthy after what…3+ years of being in consumer hands?), and this is just one more case in point. (just thinking out loud I guess)

I’m going to devote a few hours of consistent troubleshooting either tonight or Sunday, and thanks to all for their suggestions. I have too much going on to have to worry about not being able to print my silly proofs…I need this fixed ASAP.

I’ll post back if I find anything said here works, and please post other suggestions should anyone think of how to narrow this down.

PixelPete
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Pete,

whether my monitor has "aged" or shifted to green or magenta…it’s not likely at all. All of my monitors are less than two years old, are calibrated,

That means nothing. Monitors need to be calibrated often. I calibrate my two monitors several times a week.

once a hard drive is formatted, then OS X is newly installed, then Creative Suite is installed, and then the latest Epson driver is installed…there is NO chance that a fresh monitor profile hasn’t been created..

LOL! None of what you state there has ANYTHING to do with calibration.

Your color management is WAY OFF in OS X.

Now you need to make a decision as to whether you want to fix it or argue.

All you need is here:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
P
PixelPete17
Aug 13, 2004
Hey Ramon,

Thanks for your input, but if you’re going to take my comments as being argumentative, then I respectfully ask that you simply don’t participate in this thread. My only point in the hard drive formatting comment was that there is no chance an old profile (one that is potentially corrupted) can survive a format and reinstall of all software. Therefore even a default monitor profile that is generated via OS X could not be interferring with my color management workflow, as a new "default" profile would not be corrupted. Therefore I would expect if the monitor profile were the problem, then my green tinted printing problem would be fixed, although I would then need to just calibrate the monitor again for an even better display of my files. Understand?

Why you say my OS X color management workflow is way off judging by only my very last comment, and disregarding my previous comments that explained my level of familiarity with color management workflows is beyond me. I have said already that I’ve read that link you refer to, and that I already am familiar with all of that and more. (more importantly, my system matches the settings almost to a tee) So please, either read what I say, and post professionally based on all of what I’ve said…or refrain from taking my comments out of context. I design national ad campaigns, magazine covers, brochures and more…all taking those files to four color presses and needing almost NO color tweaking at press…my workflow is spot on and thankfully the service bureaus I use are pretty decent too. I’m actually the one that winds up teaching alot of service bureaus the basics of good color management.

If you have other ideas on what the culprit is I’m more than open to your ideas, and anyone else’s, but truly…I’m not new to this.

PixelPete
P
PixelPete17
Aug 13, 2004
Quick question Ramon..

why do you calibrate your monitor several times a week?

PixelPete
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Pete,

Therefore even a default monitor profile that is generated via OS X

There’s no such thing as a monitor profile "generated via OS X" or any other OS. Sure, the OS may come with several generic ICC or color space profiles, but YOU have to calibrate your own monitor profile. Anything else will be OFF, because it’s not specific to your individual monitor, which can and will differ from another one of the same make and model. A non-specific profile is off, by definition.

why do you calibrate your monitor several times a week?

Because there are times when I can’t or don’t need to do it daily. I calibrate the monitors AT LEAST several times a week, but sometimes daily. Monitors change, and monitor profiles files can get corrupted at any time.

I respectfully ask that you simply don’t participate in this thread

Deal. Just don’t give me any more unneeded advice when I’m not asking for it. The s.o.b. that can tell me how to act or what to do hasn’t been born yet.
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
I may be mistaking PixelPete17 for another PixelPete17 < http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Ca t=&User=pixelpete17&Board=UBB7&what=ubbthreads&a mp;page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=>. The latter describes himself as a "Newbie < http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Ca t=&User=pixelpete17&Board=UBB7&what=ubbthreads&a mp;page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=>", so that couldn’t be the color-management expert who describes his vast experience here. Sorry for the confusion.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 13, 2004
You may want to compare notes with the poster here
< http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1013&me ssage=9846176>

That person is complaining of a "green" issue, too…

May I suggest outlining your entire Photoshop settings, your file’s SourceSpace, your entire Epson settings, including the SPECIFIC paper and SPECIFIC Printer/Paper/Ink profile.
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 14, 2004
"Probably because you profile often and because you are lucky. Anyway, monitor profiles don’t get corrupted as you make them."

Actually I don’t profile that often. Monitors do drift but not nearly as quickly as some would have you think. Profiling several times of week like you claim to do is just a waste of time, unless you have nothing better to do. Seriously, Sony and Barco recommend once a month, but even that’s being a bit paranoid. Only in the first few days or weeks of using a new monitor when it’s changing rather rapidly would I profile it more often.

"That’s a prime reason to suspect a bad profile. OS X and 9,x use different files. You have to create a monitor profile in each environment."

Huh? I use the same profile in both systems. Just copy the profile from one to the other. Works great. That way you know you’re using the same profile.
R
Ram
Aug 14, 2004
Peter,

Let me start backwards:

Huh? I use the same profile in both systems. Just copy the profile from one to the other. Works great. That way you know you’re using the same profile.

Not totally true. You are using two different copies of the same profile file; but if one is damaged, the other one won’t be, so they won’t be the same profile any more. Therefore, what I had typed still holds: "OS X and 9.x use different files."

Incidentally, I tried copying the profile that way and it didn’t work very well for me.

Profiling several times of week like you claim to do is just a waste of time,

That’s your opinion, but even if it were true, the whole thing takes a minute with the Artisan, the main monitor, and two minutes with the Spyder on the second monitor, while I’m brushing my teeth or having coffee. No big deal.

Most of the time, the changes are minute to non-existent; but once in a while, out of nowhere, there is a sudden change. I’m glad I do it as often. Some big-name photographers recommend calibrating daily. It certainly beats watching TV anyway.
B
Buko
Aug 14, 2004
Isay its sounds like double color management.
P
PixelPete17
Aug 14, 2004
I think it sounds like double color management too…BUT I cant find that second helping hand..heh.

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll post back once I get a handle on this…I was hoping for some new info to be posted here…but really all that’s been said thus far are things I’m thankfully familiar with…guess I’m just gonna have to tinker and hammer until something falls into place. (can I start with hammering my own head…I just want OUT of this misery lol)

I’m not sure what to say to you Ramon…I’m a Christian that knows my need for Christ, and I’m afraid that if you’re that hostile to strangers on an anoymous forum that you have to make comments like "the sob hasn’t been invented yet that can tell me what to do.."…well…I would lovingly rather share with you the Son of God..Jesus Himself…as He CAN tell you what to do…and does so very lovingly and poignantly…

"Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your soul" – Matthew 11:28 and 29

His "yoke" is to receive the Grace He offers from the cross…for free…because ALL of us are hostile in our hearts to God and His created people (just like you’ve been hostile to me…and I’ve had hostile thoughts toward you lol)…

God says it best:

"This I have against you, that all of you like sheep have gone astray, each to His own way" – Isaih 53:..i forget the cite

Going our own way is called sin.

"But the wages of sin is death" – Romans 6:26 i think

Sin (saying whatever we feel like saying, even when it’s rude, having evil devisings in our heart (like we all do)) then seperates from knowing the peace and rest of God’s pure Spirit, until of course..that sin problem is somehow resolved…

Jesus Christ is the payment for our sins Ramon..and He offers to all His peace and grace that we ALL need…(grace is undeserved forgiveness)

"This is a true statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus died for sinners, of whom I am foremost" – I Timothy: dang it I forgot this one too lol..it may be 2:16

So Ramon…I hope this is a help to you and anyone else that reads this…as in my own case I had various stressors on my own heart that made my own words and thoughts pretty crass at times…but that’s ALL of us…until of course those stressors are removed and love fills our heart. 🙂

I hope my previous posts didn’t sound too curt..as that’s not how they were intended..but for you to reply so harshly tells me I’d better take this chance to be help and not just leave you where you are.

Sincerely, with only a loving intent,

PixelPete

P.S. – I don’t even know if the profile you looked up is mine or not…but don’t put too much stock in those things…I know for my own that almost all of my forum profiles I just leave blank as I don’t care what people think nor do I need to broadcast my "credentials" on my own profiles. I think intelligent questions and answers are all the credential one ever needs to discern the wheat from the chaff.
R
Ram
Aug 14, 2004
Pete writes

I’m a Christian

I’m an agnostic.

[EDITED TO ADD: But why should anybody care either way?]
P
PixelPete17
Aug 15, 2004
Well…I don’t want to turn this into a preaching thread..as this isn’t the forum for it (no pun intended heh), but your quesion "but why should anyone care" is a good one..for which there is a good answer…

"…it is appointed for man to die once, and then the judgement" Hebrews 9:27

So death is common to us all (as we all obviosly die), but until we die we all think that our own opinions or choices will deliver us from what comes after death.

But…

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death" – Proverbs 14:12

This verse is talking about how we choose our own opinions (regardless of how well meaning or logical they might seem) over listening to the Word of God. However, since all of us KNOW that our own opinions were not explained to us by God Himself, we also therefore KNOW that we have no REAL reason to believe in what we believe…after all, anything is possible when it comes to imagining spiritual possibilities and then finding facts or experiences that lend credibility to what we prefer to believe. We create our own belief systems basically, without any real confirmation that we’re right. All of this self-serving belief system building is the core of what a "sinful nature" is…we all "have gone astray, each to his OWN way"…and God knows this well.

"…But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and because He did not need anyone to bear witness concerning man for He Himself knew what was in man." John 2:24:25

So..with God knowing what is in us, how we ALL are not like Him (because God is Holy(no corruption or compromise of any kind)and we are not – "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans :23), there is no reason for us to expect that after death we just get free entrance into God’s home (Heaven) all the while knowing that we sin and He doesn’t….after all…who amongst us wants a wife or girlfriend that is constantly unfaithful? None of us..we all want love and faithfulness in our relationships…just as God wants from us for us to be loving to Him and faithful to Him who gave us life.

So how can any of that have free will and a conscience that testifies against us when we choose poorly, really believe that agnosticism or Buddhism, or any other belief system is actually the deliverance from death that we know we need?

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in urighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them, for God made it evident to them" Romans 1:18,19

God gave us all a conscience, and that is exactly what the verse above is testifying about.

Because we have a God given conscience, and we KNOW that we have no grounds for banking our souls on our own belief systems, God takes the time to warn us about this mistake..

"The fool has said in his heart ‘there is no God’" – Psalm 53

If our choosing evil (lusting in our heart, sexual compromises, cruel words, having a bitter and hardened heart, spite, etc.) produces a sense of guilt (little or alot) in our conscience..then something is telling us within that that choice is counter to what is good. Since "God alone is good", then our conscience also tells us that our guilt is counter to that which is God. The fancy word for this is called "wickedness".

"There is no peace for the wicked" – I forget the cite right now – sorry. When we have TRUE peace in our hearts (the kind that only comes from God through Jesus Christ – "My peace I give you, not as the world gives…"), then comments like the ones you’ve made Ramon don’t come forth..because those comments are basically just harsh lashings out from your own heart just not being happy and you not being at peace with yourself. And above this…ALL of us to some degree or another are guilty of the same thing..none of us that are "wicked" have peace with ourselves because we know instrinsically that we don’t have peace with God. Once we have peace with God…all things on this planet are of a scale smaller than God, and thus don’t phase us enough to lash out with harsh words. When you know that God Himself loves you, who cares if some disgruntled guy has an unjustified issue with you right?

So how we get peace with God and become forgiven for our sins that we are are intrinsically convicted of by the event called "guilt" that our conscience tells us by experience? Well…there is nothing that WE can do to make us acceptable to God(how do you "undue" cheating on God or lying to God or even hating God?)….BUT…there is one thing God could do….and almost unbelievably…He did what needed to be done…

"God demonstrated His own love toward us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"

While we were in our lowest state of being the opposite of God (being sinners), God showed that despite our lowly state, He was STILL willing pay our penalty by unleashing His own wrath against sin upon His very own self.

"God has given us this ministry, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself"

Jesus Christ was God Himself, and it was He that took the cross and bore our sins so we wouldn’t be eternally separated from Himself. Scripture says that all men are eternal…we either live forever in Heaven with Him, or we live forever in Hell, in constant torment…not as cruel punishment, but as being the end result of simply choosing a lie over choosing the Truth. Just as a lie and the truth can’t cooexist as being the same, so too God says that liars can’t live amongst Truth (Himself) in Heaven…and anyone that isn’t honest enough to admit they sin and that they need the FREE gift of salvation through Jesus Christ is simply going to realize in full the consequences of choosing their own lies versus choosing the very Son of God that God crucified to save that person.

God clearly warns us in Hebrews.."how shall we escape if neglect so great a salvation?" (Hebrews 2:2)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23

"What must I do to be saved? Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved.." Acts 16:31

I hope this helps to answer your questin Ramon, and I pray that any that read this take it to heart and consider in truth the very Truth of how God LOVES us enough to sacrifice Himself within a human body (Jesus Christ) simply so we could live forever with Him in Love, Peace, Joy and every good thing that God is. 🙂

Sincerely,

PixelPete
R
Ram
Aug 15, 2004
Pete,

In all honesty, I’ve skipped your two last posts. Reading the first few lines I know they’re topic and uninteresting to me.
P
PixelPete17
Aug 16, 2004
Read it once…

After all..if there’s any chance that Jesus was God, and God says we’re forgiven in Him…then I for one would be inclined to listen.

Not to mention…since when is love repulsive?

Ok..now…back to our regular scheduled programming…if I find a fix to the color tinting issue I’ll post back with the good news.

All the best to you Ramon,

PixelPete

P.S. – Christians aren’t the people you see on TV..real Christians are an amazing experience of God’s Grace and kindness. It’s only in that spirit that I write, and I hope you’ll at least listen once to the truth shared in the previous posts. Not everyone would try to help you, and I for one am.
R
Ram
Aug 16, 2004
<shaking head>
CW
c_watts
Aug 16, 2004
OK, could we please stop the bible crap? Not all of us are Christians, and I am pretty sure that this is the wrong list (or at least the wrong topic) for that particular discussion.
P
PixelPete17
Aug 18, 2004
heh…well…I don’t think "bible crap" is the right term for an adult conversation about Christianity, nor do I even understand from a logical perspective what is so offensive to some about the historical significance and Person of Jesus Christ.

Most people don’t realize this but Jesus Christ alone stands at the very center of all time. ALL time is measured relative to when He was crucified….and that fact alone makes Him at the very least very interesting, and so far from deserving the term you use. 🙂

The term "crap" is funny though..as it’s also a biblical term…God uses it to describe how he sees our sin… 🙂 (It’s in Jeremiah I think)

Anyway…back to the initial question of my post…

The green tinting issue is for some reason or no reason now working again (with no change to my settings), but NOW I get a PINK PREVIEW when I click "preview" in the print dialogue box…

I know I’ve read of this happening before…so can can someone that is familiar with this please tell me the fix? I remember it was fairly simple, but I don’t remember where I read it…

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the help,

PixelPEte
B
Buko
Aug 18, 2004
well…I don’t think "bible crap" is the right term for an adult conversation about Christianity

yes it is.

Anyway…back to the initial question of my post…

I think you made everyone puke with your "bible crap" and you’ll be lucky to get an answer now.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Aug 18, 2004
Pete,

NOW I get a PINK PREVIEW when I click "preview" in the print dialogue box…

That is the result you SHOULD be getting if you have chosen a media type profile in the Print with Preview dialog ("Print Space: Profile …" popup) OR you have previously converted the image to a media type profile using "Convert to Profile".

Ian
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Aug 18, 2004
Where’s Robert Levine when you need him?

Pixel Pete, make it simple for you. There’s the letter of the law and the spirit fo the law. From your sense of social inappropriateness posting here without consideration for others shows a lack of spiritualism. I think God would concur.

You’ll know them by their fruits, not by what they SAY!

Back on topic, please, for consideration of others.
P
PixelPete17
Aug 19, 2004
Tim,

My hunch (based on your taking verses out of context), is that you know some Scripture but not Christ…I say this because if you consider my talking about Christ as "inappropriate", it seems completely counter to what "God would concur" with seeing as how it was "God who was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself".

It is made abundantly clear in Scripture that if there was another way for us to enter Heaven, then God would NOT have paid the consequence of our sins upon Himself (in the form of His Son Jesus Christ), and so I hardly think you can intelligently hold to your perspective that the same God that sacrificed Himself for me, you and all people is somehow not wanting us to talk about it?

Jesus did say "go forth and make disciples of all the nations.."

Jesus did NOT say …only talk about my extreme sacrifice on Sundays.

I would agree that in some social settings, amongst people who are clearly antagonistic toward the topic of Christ would be sometimes inappropriate (Jesus warns not to correct scoffers in Proverbs for instance), but a public forum I think is pretty safe to simply write a few paragraphs. People are free to read and ignore whatever they will, and that includes the topic of Christ.

With many threads here degenerating into social commentary or worse (heh), I don’t see how this thread is really any different in that I’ve introduced an off topic topic of conversation to help stave off Ramon’s initial tainting of my thread with his confrontational post.

Buko: Thanks for contributing, but I do simply disagree.

Ian: Thanks so much for your helpful post, that’s reassuring to hear and is something I’ve simply forgotten…you are of course right! I wish I could justify my mistake, but in truth I just messed up within my own head in troubleshooting why I was getting pink previews…heh…I should’ve thought that one through on my own. (blush 🙂 )

OK all, thanks for the help, and today marks another solid day of good printing under OS X Panther. Hopefully this time it sticks.

Sincerely,

PixelPete
GB
g_ballard
Aug 19, 2004
under OS X Panther. Hopefully this time it sticks.

I wouldn’t count on printer setting sticking under OS 10 🙂
P
PixelPete17
Aug 19, 2004
Well…don’t go far then gballard :)….looks like I’m gonna need you again soon. (grin)

Just thought of a question on that topic…once the printer settings start "not sticking", what is the best way to fix it? Do you just delete the Epson driver and then reinstall? Repairing permissions never did a thing for me on the printing issues I’ve encountered, so that can’t be it…

What do you suggest?

Thanks so much,

PixelPete
GB
g_ballard
Aug 19, 2004
Ian just addressed that in the other CM thread, Save the settings (from inside the print dialog)?

BTW, Apple needs to fix it (nonsticky printersettings) it is not an Adobe (or Epson?) issue? But everyone is dealing with the same issues…

What do you suggest?

See my post #17

May I suggest outlining your entire Photoshop settings, your file’s SourceSpace, your entire Epson settings, including the SPECIFIC paper and SPECIFIC Printer/Paper/Ink profile.

That, specifically, and review the thread…
P
PixelPete17
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks once again. I’ll have to hussle my eyes on over to that other thread then…didn’t know there was another bunch of posts on the same topic happening at the same time…

Thanks for all the help,

PixelPete

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections