P
Posted By
PDM
Feb 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone else out there had problems with colour management with Epson printers and Photoshop CS2/3/4?
Had nothing but problems since stopped using Photoshop 7. Affected printers are 1290 and RX640 (same as R300).

Thanks,

PDM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PDM
Feb 24, 2009
"Roy G" wrote in message
"PDM" <pdcm99[deletethisbit]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
Anyone else out there had problems with colour management with Epson printers and Photoshop CS2/3/4?
Had nothing but problems since stopped using Photoshop 7. Affected printers are 1290 and RX640 (same as R300).

Thanks,

PDM

My Epson 1290 works fine, and C.M. is no problem with CS2 on Win XP.
For workflows for a variety of Printers and Photoshop versions have a look at the Australian Epson Tech site http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/
Roy G
Thanks Roy. It looks like there is something going on with my system. Heaven knows what though.

PDM
RG
Roy G
Feb 25, 2009

Thanks,

PDM

For workflows for a variety of Printers and Photoshop versions have a look at the Australian Epson Tech site http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/

Roy G
P
PDM
Feb 25, 2009
"Roy G" wrote in message
"Roy G" wrote in message

Thanks,

PDM

For workflows for a variety of Printers and Photoshop versions have a look at the Australian Epson Tech site
http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/

Roy G
Thanks Roy. It looks like there is something going on with my system. Heaven knows what though.

PDM

Do remember that the 1290 is getting to be rather long in the tooth, and could have a fault.

How long since you last Calibrated and Profiled your Monitor??
How long is it since you renewed your Printing Profiles? ?
Some friends who discuss printing, have had to give up on "Letting Photoshop Manage" and have had to "Let printer Manage" and no-one, not even the local professional P.S. expert, can come up with any sensible reason why.

Roy G
As well as 1290s also have RX640 (ne R300) and same problem; using two different computers.
Monitors last profiled 7 days ago. Have checked colour management in PS and it’s set correctly. In fact everything is set correctly. I’m also having to "Let printer manage". Tried to get some sense out of Epson at the Focus on Imaging show yesterday. Level 1 support guy said use monitor profile for the printer output. No wonder we have problems when you get advice like this. Adobe also baffled. So fed up with Epson went out and bought a Canon Pro9500 out of sheer frustration and about to buy a colorMunki printer profiler. Hopefully, this will work. I’ll try and set it up today and post back to group on results.

If anyone can come up with an explanation though…?

Thanks,

PDM
P
PDM
Feb 25, 2009
"Roy G" wrote in message
"Roy G" wrote in message

Thanks,

PDM

For workflows for a variety of Printers and Photoshop versions have a look at the Australian Epson Tech site

Roy G

PDM

Do remember that the 1290 is getting to be rather long in the tooth, and could have a fault.

Some friends who discuss printing, have had to give up on "Letting Photoshop Manage" and have had to "Let printer Manage" and no-one, not even the local professional P.S. expert, can come up with any sensible reason why.

Roy G
As well as 1290s also have RX640 (ne R300) and same problem; using two different computers.
Monitors last profiled 7 days ago. Have checked colour management in PS and it’s set correctly. In fact everything is set correctly. I’m also having to "Let printer manage". Tried to get some sense out of Epson at the Focus on Imaging show yesterday. Level 1 support guy said use monitor profile for the printer output. No wonder we have problems when you get advice like this. Adobe also baffled. So fed up with Epson went out and bought a Canon Pro9500 out of sheer frustration and about to buy a colorMunki printer profiler. Hopefully, this will work. I’ll try and set it up today and post back to group on results.

If anyone can come up with an explanation though…?

Thanks,

PDM
Got Canon Pro9500 up and running. Colors very good straight out of the box. Slight difference between Canon’s own software and Photoshop, but not very much. Overall, close to monitor display. So can only think that the reason why the Epsons are playing up is to do with Photoshop CS2/3/4. If anyone has any experience of this please let me know.

Thanks, PDM
RG
Roy G
Feb 26, 2009
"Roy G" wrote in message

Thanks,

PDM

Roy G

PDM

Roy G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections