NN
Posted By
nic_nicosia
Jun 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make a print within a 44"x78" file on an Epson 9600. (in order to have borders) After spooling for about 7 minutes I get a CS window that says "the file can not be printed because of a program error". After an hour and a half on the phone with Adobe he had me log in with a new name ( we set up a user named "test") and try again. ( I use Mac OX 10.3.4) The file printed. I then went back to my normal user log and again it won’t print. The only difference in the CS preferences is that the scratch disk is the startup disk in the test user and my second internal drive is the scratch that I usually use. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I have 4 7’x9′ prints that have to be finished Monday. (I am dividing the picture to be printed in 42"x76" and other size prints to make the entire image. If I could only make a 42"x96" print my life and that of the installation guy would be so much easier.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
Jun 26, 2004
make sure scratch disks have plenty of free room
try maintenance troubleshooting:
<http://www.macdesignonline.com/issues/julaug03/DrMac.html>

if clears in in new user, but not your user, you got a corrupted user…
R
Ram
Jun 26, 2004
Nic,

G B is right. It sounds like your user account has some corruption. The only sure way of correcting that is to create a new user account for yourself, recreate your entire account from scratch, then delete the old one.
L
Larryr544
Jun 26, 2004
For the moment use the test user name until your deadline is met and then trouble shoot.
NN
nic_nicosia
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for your suggestions but here’s what finally happened: Yesterday morning after reading the suggestions I went with the test user to print the project and it wouldn’t print. (I received the dreaded "can not print" warning.
I went back to my normal user name and remade the file, (44"x77"). The image, about two inches smaller was within this blank page. I added a color correction and a curve then flattened the image. It would not print.

Just to make sure the printer was working at all I tried to print a 44"x31" print. It worked perfect. I went back to my 44×77 file, trimed off most of the white border, saved the flattened file- then closed and re-opened it. IT PRINTED AND I MADE 4 MORE LIKE IT ALL DAY LONG.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that the image was "slightly" too big with the excess border? Whatever it was it’s now fixed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections